Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 14, 2014

WWE Network notes, Hogan thanks fans, another former WWE/World Champion going to AAA?, Interviews with Shaul Guerrero/Jeff Hardy/Chael Sonnen, TNA on ratings and Questions on Heyman hosting Tough Enough, Authority vs. Cena, authority figures, Barrett's return and the Network

WWE will debut a "Rivalry" series on the Network next month. That should be pretty good if the Hart/HBK DVD was any indication.

Hulk Hogan tweeted about his birthday celebration on Raw. It was a really good segment for all the nostalgia involved.

There have been some hiccups with the WWE Network launching in Canada. That's pretty much bound to happen.

Former WWE announcer Hugo Savinovich claimed Rey Mysterio will be heading to AAA once he solves contractual issues with WWE. Rey has reportedly been unhappy in WWE and wants to return to Mexico. That'd be a big get for AAA, though I don't know how much he'll be able to wrestle.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Ricardo Rodriguez is also headed to AAA once his no-compete clause is up. Del Rio with Ricardo vs. Rey one more time in Mexico? I'd like to see it!

Shaul Guerrero talked about her time in WWE and more. I'm glad she's putting her health first.

TNA touted their recent ratings improvements as the highest in six months. Yeah, they're really clawing to stay on TV this fall.

Jeff Hardy talked about Willow, the Spike situation and more. Pretty much the same as recent interviews. I think Willow's on the shelf for now. I definitely don't see the character appearing in WWE if Jeff goes there.

MMA fighter Chael Sonnen recently said WWE's not interested, but would make him an offer if TNA did. That's the wrestling world for you! I don't think TNA's playing with that kind of money right now. We'll see.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I'd definitely watch that! I think it'd be a pretty different show from "Tough Enough", though. That show's generally been about the physical aspects of the business more than having someone who's actually ready to be a big deal right out of the gate. It's worth considering at any rate.

2. I'm guessing the Authority only thinks someone aligned with them being champion is "best for business".

3. I definitely think they should be scaled back post-Summerslam, but that doesn't mean I don't want to see HHH vs. Reigns at Hell in a Cell. I agree authority figures (and non-wrestlers in general) should be used to get the wrestlers over instead of getting themselves over.

4. I could see it working, with Barrett delivering bad news to Miz after the latter has some successful title defenses.

5. I like that idea. The reality is WWE rushed things a bit with the Network to time its launch with Mania season. Not that I blame them for launching at that time.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment