Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 8/22/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

I really liked Orton's promo. I think he can regain his momentum tonight if he destroys Van Dam, who's probably going on break again soon anyway.

Pretty good match between Rollins and Swagger. I don't think Swagger's "buried" for losing, but it's disappointing he might be going down the card after all he's done recently.

Interesting Bo/Swagger segment. I like Bo, but I'm not so sure I like him potentially going over Swagger after Swagger got such a big push.

Interesting Miz/Kane segment. I would have thought Miz was in for a good reign as champ, but he hasn't made that much of an impact lately.

Another decisive win for Rusev. I think he could get a lot of momentum if they keep using him like he matters.

Henry vs. Rusev could be quite the collision. A big win for Rusev would propel him higher on the card.

Nice segment to show Orton means business.

Yeah, Orton's not playing around with Van Dam here. I assume this could be a potential write-off for the latter.

WOW. Yeah, I think that's a pretty clear message sent to RVD. That's a logical place to wrap up his run unless they're doing Orton vs. Van Dam at NoC.

Nice promo from Reigns. He and Orton could have a big gimmick match at NoC if WWE's thinking that route.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Paige/Natalya finish, but it made sense to keep the angle going. I think a countout is less damaging than tapping out, but it's not a huge deal either way. Paige vs. AJ continues and I hope they put on a classic at NoC.

Good Usos promo.

Good tag match. These teams always work well together. Obviously we're in for a Goldust/Stardust push. Will they be the next tag team champions?

Or maybe we're in for the Dusts getting smashed by the Wyatts. They could do a three-way match at NoC if they want.

That didn't take too long! Good showing by Reigns as a dominant force.

Fine post-match to keep the feud going. I'm looking forward to another round of Reigns vs. Orton.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment