Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Edwards update, Cesaro hacked, more on JR in WWE, more live event notes, Impact preview, Punk note, NXT names at Raw, identity of Young's tag team partner, and Questions on Goldust retiring, Bryan vs. Lesnar, the nWo, Chyna in the Hall, and Fastlane

It's believed Eddie Edwards suffered a broken foot at TNA's PPV tapings. It sucks both members of The Wolves have gone down to injury in their brief TNA run. They're both amazing wrestlers, and can be fun to watch in "demolition derby" kinds of matches.

A fan hacked into Cesaro's Twitter account to criticize his booking by WWE Management. I'm a Cesaro fan, but I don't agree with the methods employed here. I hope this doesn't turn into something about "those damn millenials on the Internet" and instead causes WWE to realize what they have with Cesaro.

Jim Ross recorded voiceover work for future WWE projects this past weekend. I look forward to hearing him call material again.

NXT's Greg Hamilton did ring announcing at some main roster live events this weekend. I wonder when/if we'll see Eden get in the ring and be replaced in her current duties.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Lynyrd Skynyrd's guitarist visited at a WWE live event this weekend. That's cool.

Set for this week's Impact Wrestling:
- A 20-man battle royal to declare the #1 Contender for the TNA Championship
- Hardcore match: Eric Young vs. Tommy Dreamer
- Awesome Kong vs. Angelina Love
- Grado vs. Al Snow

I'm curious to see where things go in the TNA Title picture, since Roode, MVP, Aries, and Angle could all believably go for the gold.

TNA profiled Davey Richards. I'm glad he does such positive things.

There was a Photoshopped picture going around of C.M. Punk being set to return on Monday's Raw. Obviously that didn't happen. I don't think it's going to, either. At least not for several years.

Enzo Amore (how ya doin'), Colin Cassady (how ya doin'), and Carmella (how ya doin'), along with Finn Balor, were at Raw. The show was in Florida, so it's not surprising they were there. I'd like to see Balor and the pairing of Enzo/Big Cass on the main roster some day. I'm still kind of split on Carmella.

Darren Young's tag team partner on Raw was Kevin Kross. That was probably a one-night gig, unless Kross teams with Slater to feud with the reunited PTP. As much as I like PTP, I think I'll miss Slater Gator. Hopefully Slater gets a new partner to play off. I'd be curious to see how he'd work with Adrian Neville, since he's set to be called up soon.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Goldust has done absolutely amazing things in this latest run. That said, I think WM31 is a great time and place for him to go out in a big, big way, and take Stardust to the next level in the process. Better to go out a legend than end up one of those guys hanging on way too long. I'd love to see him keep going as long as he can do what he does well, but this is a great opportunity. I hope he does continue to help out young talent when WM31 is over, though. That'd be great.

2. Given how strongly Bryan was booked at last year's Mania, I don't think it's much of a stretch for him to beat Lesnar IF they tell the story right.

3. There's no way it would have been as big of a deal as Hogan turning. Sting's great, but this was the perfect storm. As for Hogan, I'm sure he would have still been used in major roles as long as companies still felt he could make them money.

4. Vince McMahon's theme song comes to mind here. If she does go into the Hall of Fame, it will be at least several years from now. Chyna's burned some bridges that won't quickly be rebuilt.

5. Vince could change his mind a number of times regarding WM31 before it's all said and done. That's how he is.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment