Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Query on TNA in 2015, Interviews with Natalya/Flair/HBK/Zayn/Douglas, more on DDP, TNA-Germany update, Chyna vs. WWE, Takeover notes, and Questions on Heyman working with Reigns, changing the Rumble, midcard titles, and Kane

First up, a query:
1. I think TNA in 2015 will be a company finding its new identity. They'll still use the wrestlers with name value who they can make use of, but they'll have to make the most of the still-developing names, too. Ultimately it will be about keeping Destination America happy and having a full roster, live events, and all that. If they can keep making DA money, they should be fine.

Natalya talked about her family members going into the Hall of Fame. If Bruno, Warrior, and Savage can go in, I think ONE DAY we could see Owen as well.

Ric Flair talked about his memories of Houston. I'm excited for WM32 coming to Dallas given that city's history.

Shawn Michaels promoted his new book. Nice read. There's a Texas theme here...

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Sami Zayn talked about being a role model for Arabs. This guy can be great for WWE. I'm also glad he can present a positive example of an Arab to the world.

DDP successfully underwent throat surgery, which is good to hear. I hope he recovers well.

TNA is returning to German TV at the end of the month. That's good news for them.

WWE responded to a recent claim by Chyna regarding her relationship with Triple H. And this is one reason why she's not going into the Hall of Fame.

The pre-show dark match for NXT Takeover saw Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady beat The Vaudevillains. I'm glad they got some ring time.

After Takeover went off the air, medical staff checked on Zayn while Owens celebrated. Regal checked on Zayn. I'm already excited for the hopeful rematch, as well as Owens vs. Balor.

Shane Douglas talked about where wrestling stands now and more. He's another guy who belongs in the WWE Hall of Fame someday. 

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I much prefer the suggestion of Heyman hitching his horse to Seth Rollins. I don't know how many fans would accept Heyman working with Reigns. Reigns is going to have to show he's worthy of fan adulation with his work, not just because he's paired with Heyman.

2. I don't think it's the predictability. It's who WWE picks to win (Batista, Reigns) that has drawn more ire. Bryan winning at WM30 was more or less predictable, but he still got a big pop for winning. I see no reason to change the Rumble. They just need to be smarter with whom they push.

3. I don't think we'll be having a part-time champion much longer, so I wouldn't unify the titles just for that. I'd rather the titles be treated more importantly in general. I think Cena being champion would elevate it, but it could easily fall back once he loses it.

Nothing to really add to 4. It was a work, brother.

5. I actually do want to see Kane return to the old Kane when he has his final run. When there's a set plan for him to retire, they can do a cool story where he returns to the hellfire and brimstone Kane. No talking. No comedy. No Corporate Kane. But that should be for his last storyline.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment