Total Pageviews

Monday, February 9, 2015

Live event notes, new Takeover match, WWE.com pits Bryan vs. Reigns, Interview with Jake+DDP, more on plane crash from 40 years ago, and Questions on Bully's future, top babyfaces, Bryan vs. Ziggler, Chyna in the Hall, and hating Roman Reigns

Jojo did ring announcing for this weekend's main roster live events, so she's still around. I wonder what the rest of her WWE career looks like, because it's obvious she's not being utilized as a wrestler.

Hideo Itami vs. Tyler Breeze has been added to Wednesday's Takeover event. I'm sure that will be really good.

WWE.com is asking who fans think is more deserving to headline WrestleMania between Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns. I'm interested to see if Vince changes plans if Bryan proves to be more popular in the poll.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Diamond Dallas Page and Jake Roberts talked about Jake's dark days and more. Really powerful read.

Here's another piece on the big plane crash from 40 years ago. That's really a blast to the past.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1 is a repeat. I think the idea of Bully Ray being much more than in the right place at the right time is kind of a stretch. Talented guy who really turned his life around, but not as remarkable as some are making him out to be.

2. I have to agree for the reason they mentioned. Hopefully Zayn will get some big moments of his own on the main roster, though.

3. I see no reason the WWE Championship match shouldn't close WrestleMania. If that means Rollins or Ambrose or someone cashes in so Roman doesn't leave with the title, so be it. The show should end with the WWE Title, especially after the big story they've set up with Brock. I like Bryan and Ziggler a lot, but that's definitely wishful thinking.

I agree on 4. Chyna will need some serious rehabilitating before WWE trusts her to have a live mic or be a face of the company.

5. I can't say I really disagree with the assessment of Reigns being behind the likes of Rollins, Ambrose, Bryan, Ziggler, etc.. I do think five years isn't that long for someone to really be at the top of their game as a wrestler, though. I'm willing to give Reigns a chance at the top, but I'd also rather see one of the names I just mentioned walk out of WM31 with the title.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment