Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Raw Reax - 2/9/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I liked the opening segment. The Authority angle isn't as stale as it was a few months ago. I do wonder where it goes after Mania, though. I don't know how much more they can and should wring out of it.

That was a good opening match. I do wonder if WWE should be putting these names in the first match of the card. They wouldn't do that to Brock, Taker, etc.. I think it kind of makes them feel less important to be used so much.

That was a clever post-match. I hope they don't do the angle of Reigns and Bryan being tag champions despite not getting along. It's kind of played out at this point. It should be put on mothballs for a few more years, I think.

Did we really need another DQ finish after just having one? Maybe Ryback gets involved in the main event to even things up?

Good post-match to keep heat on Rollins. I would like to see him booked stronger if he's going to be a real threat to the WWE Title going forward.

I'm ready for Sheamus to be back. I think the loser of Bryan vs. Reigns will end up facing him at Mania.

Good match to set up Paige vs. Nikki. The Bellas are lucky they have each other. There's no way they'd be as successful as they are without the twin gimmick.

I mostly liked the Cena/Rusev segment. The Rusev/Lana stuff was really good, and Cena didn't bring it down too much. It was interesting Cena said something about Rusev assuming he's won, since Cena's usually presented in such a fashion as his own winning being inevitable.

I liked Ziggler vs. Wyatt, but that's kind of a given with those two names. It's sad they're at this point of the card while Kane and Show are in the main event.

Nice post-match. Wyatt vs. Taker should be pretty boss.

BASED PAUL HEYMAN. I'm already sold on the WM31 main event. Bryan vs. Lesnar should be amazing if WWE goes that direction.

Fine enough tag match to get us to the next step of Goldust vs. Stardust. I'm really ready for Stardust to blast off into being a big deal.

Can the main event be elimination rules? I want to see Bryan make Kane, Show, and J&J Security tap to the Yes Lock. Rollins can nail Reigns with the briefcase to get DQ'd afterward for all I care. Just set up Bryan as a challenge for BROCK LESNAR.

I liked the Stardust/Goldust segment backstage, even if I still kind of curl my nose up at using real names.

That was a bit of an underwhelming segment, as cool as it is to see Sting play mind games with HHH. I do think there needs to be an explanation for why Sting came to WWE after all these years. I like HHH assuming it was because he's such a badass he scared Sting off, though.

Nice match between the Usos and whatever we're calling the team of Kidd and Cesaro. I don't see a title change happening, but it's good to see those two treated as worthy of a title shot.

I'm a bit surprised to see Rikishi go in the Hall, but it makes sense. With Christian now officially retired, he should go in either this year or next.

Nice segment with Miz and Mizdow, as simple as it was.

I liked Mizdow vs. Sin Cara for keeping the feud going. Pretty funny for Miz to complain about Mizdow using "his" move, considering Miz basically took that move himself!

I'm enjoying Wyatt's promos calling out Taker. I hope we get some fun spooky stuff from this feud. Wyatt can be the next Taker, gimmick-wise.

Funny stuff with Axel. I'd much rather see him feud with Reigns while Ambrose goes to the main event of Mania, but what can you do?

Another squash of Axel by Ambrose. I wonder what would help Axel's career at this point. He's talented, but missing the "it" factor.

I liked BNB's promo. I wonder how they'll presumably get out of having Ambrose win the title. Who does he face at Mania?

That was a nice turn of events for the main event. Pretty clever to use the previously "fired" stars like that.

Good ending to add tension ahead of Fastlane.

More wrestling coming up.

4 comments:

  1. Any word regarding this and its validity? If so, is any of this due to WWE changing its mind on Reigns and considering Bryan more heavily or do you think this is all a ruse just to build up the credibility for Reigns to beat two opponents at WrestleMania and also Bryan at Fast Lane?
    http://www.yardbarker.com/wwe/articles/wwe_wrestlemania_31_rumors_and_championship_match_change/18248555

    ReplyDelete
  2. The simple answer is Vince could keep changing plans until pretty much the day of WM31. It's obvious he's a fan of Reigns and wants him to be "the guy", but does seem to be conceding more in favor of Bryan. I think if he thinks it's better for business to have Bryan (or Rollins) leave WM31 as Champion, he'll do that. But he can be very stubborn, and it will take a lot to convince him it's more than just the "millennials on Twitter" or whomever who want to see Bryan win. The reactions of fans in weeks to come, especially at Fastlane, will be key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds logical. McMahon is definitely stubborn, and that is one thing I think every fan of the company can agree on.

    What is your gut instinct telling you once WrestleMania closes with regards to whom is champion?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they might have Reigns win, then have Rollins cash in if Reigns gets booed too heavily. But a LOT can change between now and then.

    ReplyDelete