Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Raw Reax - 2/2/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

The Authority's mocking of the vocal minority for the "Cancel the WWE Network" campaign is actually pretty funny. I know they actually did take a hit in subscriptions after the Rumble, and the hashtag trended and got them bad press, so it's kind of dumb to mock once-loyal fans. But it's still funny for the characters to be that level of douchebags. I wonder if Triple H's friend Mark canceled his subscription?

There continues to be kind of a plot hole of how someone gets into the Royal Rumble. Couldn't The Authority have prevented Bryan from entering? Unless they thought it was best for business or whatever.

That was a good set up for the WWE Title picture going forward. I hope they really make the right decision regarding Bryan vs. Lesnar if there's enough fan support for it. One question, though. What about Rusev's right to be in that match? I'm not surprised they ignored Curtis Axel, but Rusev was part of the controversy, too.

I'm not upset we only got to see half of Reigns vs. Show. It was fine for keeping the story going. I guess we're getting a big gimmick match between those two at Fast Lane, which is fine by me as far as there being a big roadblock for Reigns ahead of WM31. They should save Rollins to challenge for the WWE Title after WM31.

Again, who's to stop The Authority from taking away Reigns' Rumble win if they have complete control over WWE?

I actually kind of want to see HHH vs. Stone Cold one last time. I don't think that's what they should do for Austin's last match, though.

Ambrose vs. BNB is a bit of a step down for the Lunatic Fringe, but I can't really think of any better ideas for him at the moment. Did Axel inadvertently bury himself by telling people not to turn the channel (as if they usually do when they see him)?

I liked the squash match for The Ascension. I guess they're going full force with this gimmick again, so they might as well make it mean something.

I wonder what kind of fun gimmick match Stardust and Goldust could have. I'd love to see another Backlot Brawl.

Nice continuation of the Stardust/Goldust angle. I think Stardust has a lot of potential.

I liked Cena's promo for addressing limits to The Authority's power: They have to answer to people who won't let them ruin the cash cow that is WWE. I also liked it for setting up other matches on the show.

I liked Harper vs. Ryback. I hope Harper has a really good future in WWE as an agile big man.

Jey vs. Cesaro was pretty good. They've definitely got one heck of a talent in Cesaro, and the Usos have stepped their games up from where they used to be.

Fun Miz/Mizdow segment. I'm going to miss Mizdow as that character, but they should move on before it gets too tired.

I really liked the Rowan/Cena segment. Rowan has some character depth they can explore further to give him a connection to the people.

I enjoyed Wyatt vs. Ziggler. I'm ready for Wyatt vs. Undertaker. That should be pretty epic.

Good backstage segment. I'm guessing they're setting up Orton vs. Rollins for Fast Lane (and maybe Mania). That should be a really good match.

Good brief match between Paige and Alicia Fox. I enjoy both of them as wrestlers. I wonder who the next Divas' Champion will be, and when they'll be crowned.

BAH GAWD IT'S THE BELLA WORLD ORDER. Meh. They needed to do something to make the feud matter, I guess.

I enjoyed Miz vs. Sin Cara. Miz vs. Mizdow has potential to be great if they don't wait too long to pull the trigger on a face turn.

God I want to see Bray vs. Taker so bad. Not the match itself, necessarily, just the atmosphere of it. I miss some of the more "out there" gimmicks where they had something more to work with than "good wrestler from such-and-such town who wants to win titles".

I was a little unimpressed with Rowan vs. Rusev, just because Rowan had a promo backstage. It feels a little meaningless now. I hope we're not in for Rowan turning heel again just to give Cena another big guy to feud with. I wouldn't be shocked, though.

Nice stuff between Reigns and Bryan. There's some real meat to that feud. Triple threat at Mania?

I liked Bryan vs. Rollins a pretty good deal. I'm never a big fan of Big Show interfering, but it was what it was. No Orton appearance? Surely that's happening tonight?

Nice ending to the show. Maybe Orton comes back next week. They've actually made me look forward to him returning, so that's good.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment