Total Pageviews

Friday, February 6, 2015

Interviews with Riggs/Poffo/Gangrel/BNB, Sonnen-WWE update, NXT names put over, another nWo reunion, and Questions on replacing Cena, Benoit's final days, Bryan's future, guest hosts, screwing Bret, screwing Punk, Taker's next matches, leaving WWE, and not Hating the Slater

Scotty Riggs talked about The Flock, Sting, and more. Taker vs. Sting could still happen, potentially at WM32 as Taker's final match. It's not like WWE doesn't know fans want that match.

Lanny Poffo talked about his brother's upcoming Hall of Fame induction. I'm very glad Savage is going in, but I do understand why Savage wanted his whole family to go in. I'm glad things were settled between Savage and Hulk, as well.

WWE denied inviting Chael Sonnen to WrestleMania. Technically Sonnen claimed it was a meeting over WrestleMania weekend, so it's possible they're being coy here. Or it's possible they're not meeting him at all and he made the whole thing up. We'll see.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Gangrel was interviewed about working for WWE in a brief piece. I want to see Bray Wyatt brainwash some followers from the Ministry to play mind games with Taker. Having Gangrel and Mideon as Wyatt's lackeys for a month or so could be really entertaining. They're really the only two who would work for the angle, since the other members are either deceased or have recently been seen on WWE TV in other roles.

Sheamus visited a sick kid as part of the Make-A-Wish Foundation. I think he should return to face Roman Reigns, with Bryan facing Lesnar and Rollins facing Orton. That'd be a good spot for Reigns. Beating Lesnar is WAY above his pay grade at this point.

Dusty Rhodes was recently impressed by Hideo Itami and Colin Cassady at NXT promo class. At least I think that's what this Tweet means. I know Itami has a great reputation from before WWE, but that only means so much if he can't adapt. I've been impressed with him so far, but not as the next Punk or Bryan. It took those names time to really break out, and it could be the same for Itami.

Bad News Barrett talked ahead of a live event. I honestly can't think of a big feud for him for WM31. Barrett vs. Harper would be pretty interesting, but I don't think WWE would do that.

Scott Hall and Kevin Nash have been added to Hulk Hogan Appreciation Night for WWE's return to MSG later this month. That makes sense. WWE always does big things for MSG. That's actually Hall's first appearance there since the Curtain Call! Wow, have things changed since then.

For my take on the first batch of yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. When? I think he's already on the down side of his career. I strongly doubt he'll be there another ten years unless it's in an Undertaker/HHH kind of situation. I think Bryan and Reigns both have the potential to be put in that role. WWE might see Rollins, Ambrose, and Wyatt as "the guy who works with the guy who draws money" instead of the one in the Rock/Stone Cold "top guy" spot.

2. I don't think I'm nearly qualified enough to make an educated statement on what was going on in Chris Benoit's head in those days. I just feel really sorry for everyone involved that such a talented man is now going to be known for the tragic way everything ended. I don't know if I could ever really forgive him for what he did. I'm pretty much positive WWE won't.

3.You really think he'll be an afterthought and never go for the WWE Title again? That says a lot more about you than Bryan or WWE. He'll definitely be in the main event picture again if he stays in WWE and stays healthy. 

4. Yeah, it's probably the NBCU/CW thing or the higher-ups not knowing who he is. I'd love to see it, though!

Nothing to add to 5.

For my take on the second batch of yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Powerful answer there. Legally, Bret was in the right. His contract allowed him to play the Canadian hero card and all that. I think the best answer is HBK having to remain in WWF after the Screwjob and remaining in Vince's good graces as champion. I don't know all the ins and outs of what went on then, but I think I probably would have done what Vince did, too. It's not like a worked loss on his last night IN THE MAIN EVENT OF A MAJOR PPV was going to totally ruin Bret in the eyes of Canadian fans. Bret was getting one hell of a deal to go to WCW, and the Screwjob got a ton of sympathy for him. I think he was being unreasonable. All that said, I don't know everything that was going on then, and history is written by the winners and all that.

2. I don't know if they'd actually do that, even if Brock's staying. WM31 is the right place to pass the torch from the expensive part-timer.

3. Wyatt just said he doesn't fear any man living or dead. He's been booked pretty strongly lately, and his gimmick has a similar vibe to Taker's. Just have him call Taker out and there's your feud. I'm curious as to whether we end up seeing Taker vs. Brock or Taker vs. Sting at WM32. I highly doubt Taker will work past then.

4. I wonder how many people would actually go through that potentially costly (in time if nothing else) court battle, though? And I assume a lot of them want to continue wrestling if they can keep making good money and enjoying it, so the retirement thing doesn't fly but for a few people. It sucks, but I don't know how viable of a reality it is.

5. If by solid midcard position, you mean actually being in contention for titles, I don't think so. I think Slater's really enjoyable and can make a lot out of a little, but I don't see him going far as a serious competitor.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment