Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 2/27/15

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
Rowan vs. Rose was fine enough. I think Rowan in particular still has some developing to do. I hope he can get work in and improve.

Kofi vs. Harper was pretty good. Both men are obviously experienced veterans.

Impact Wrestling:
I liked the opening segment to continue the build to Lashley vs. Angle. It's a shame we're seeing the last few weeks of Joe in TNA, as he was a main event player at this point.

Tyrus having to take off his skull cap was pretty clever, although I think I might have liked it better if Spud or Anderson took it off him. Spud shaving EC3's head would be a pretty big deal at this point.

I liked that tag match. Spud's growing on me as a wrestler, showing some real fire.

I wonder how much longer they can really drag Spud vs. EC3 out. I wish there was a big special on the horizon like they had Lockdown so there's a logical place to book toward.

NICE segment with Taryn, Gail, and Kong. I'm enjoying seeing the former Kharma back in the fold.

Good stuff with Aries and the briefcase. I had honestly kind of forgotten he had it since we don't see him as much as Seth Rollins.

So-so intergender tag match. It was kind of just there to keep the angle going.

Mostly funny post-match. The Bromans need another female presence with Velvet gone. Why not Madison?

All EC3 had to do was find Spud's locker room? This angle could have ended weeks ago.

What, did Anderson see EC3 go to Spud's room on a monitor backstage or something? Not a bad segment.

Gunner just gained some real points on the gutsiness scale. I like the idea of him being a player in the TNA Title scene. If Eric Young can be champion, it's no stretch for him to win the gold.

I really liked the Aries/Joe segment. Good acknowledging of their history. Maybe the other members of the BDC are who threw Joe in the van all those years ago?

Really good action from Aries and Joe. I'd love to see one more match between them before Joe's run ends, but I don't know if that's what was taped. I'm not even sure if Joe has another match period.

Good post-match. The BDC has been booked pretty well. Hopefully they either get a new fourth member or remain efficient as three men. I'd like to see Homicide join, but I don't know what his status is as a wrestler. He's been removed from the TNA roster page, so obviously there are no plans for him. Eric Young's a fine replacement in my book if they use him right.

Fine Lashley segment.

I like the idea of Young getting involved. Having Young join BDC in a beatdown on Joe for failing the group somehow would be a good way to write off the former TNA Champion.

British Boot Camp just got blown out! Bram should beat them both in a squash match before they leave the UK.

I like Bram running through supporting characters. He's doing well to establish himself as someone who matters.

If the match is no-DQ, why is the ref throwing Low Ki out? Definitely a plot hole.

That was a really fun main event. I like there being a ton of chaos in matches SOMETIMES. It was a staple of the Jeff Jarrett as NWA Champion era of the company, where a lot of people called it "overbooked". Lashley and MVP did great work, and I hope we get Galloway vs. Joe in some fashion.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment