Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Raw Reax - 2/23/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I enjoyed the opening segment. I'm very glad we didn't start with John Cena doing a patriotic "Never Give Up" promo. The history between all those involved in the opening segment made it really work for me in a way it might not for a newer fan.

I like how we got right to BNB vs. Ziggler instead of a long promo. I like promos and character development, but I also think there are too many long ones when there doesn't need to be.

Ziggler vs. BNB was pretty nice. Hopefully Ziggler pinning the IC Champ means he's in the running for the title. Too often, that isn't the case.

With that post-match, maybe we do get a triple threat? I think Ziggler and Ambrose could tear it up. BNB would be a nice foil for the two of them.

I think it was a little lame for Orton to be hanging out backstage with The Authority, but I imagine it's a setup for a more definitive turn later. I would have liked instead if they would have tried to intimidate Orton into joining them given the obstacles he'll have to face.

I continue to wonder what The Ascension are doing at Mania if not facing another old tag team. Will they go for the titles, since we have new champs?

No way! A surprise win for PTP. I expected them to be lunch meat. What this means long-term is sitll up in the air, but at least they're getting a chance to matter.

Nice post-match to get some heat back on The Ascension. I was kind of hoping the Lucha Dragons would be the first team to beat them given their NXT history, but this can work, too. A four-way match for the tag team titles with The Usos, Kidd/Cesaro, The Ascension, and PTP could be a pretty good Mania match.

That was pretty good between Bryan and Reigns, although I think there will continue to be backlash for Reigns' push for quite some time.

I really liked the Reigns/Heyman stuff. Heyman obviously REALLY put Reigns over (to the point where it was hard to believe him from a credibility standpoint), but the segment itself was good. I'm warming up to Reigns. Some.

Fine rematch from the tag team title match at Fastlane. I was OK with that ending to set up another clash.

Good post-match.

I'm ready for Miz vs. Mizdow to finally be set in motion. They might have waited too long to pull the trigger.

I'm really liking Bray's promos. This is a pretty intriguing Mania match because Taker's now vulnerable.

I was somewhat disappointed with Swagger vs. Stardust. The distraction finish made sense, but they could have done more with it.

Here's why I hate the John Cena character sometimes: why doesn't he have a problem with losing a title match via a low blow? Wins and losses in big match scenarios should actually mean something (in a way losing 22 house show matches no one sees doesn't). He should be selling how he wanted to be U.S. Champion, but Rusev took that away.

Update: Cena did this some later in the promo.

I'm glad Rusev doesn't think Cena deserves a rematch. Oftentimes it does feel like someone gets a championship match just because they're a top name.

I liked the Orton/Rollins segment. The main event should be pretty good.

That was a really good video package on Sting. I didn't expect to see Tony Schiavone on WWE TV, and they really put him over as someone who mattered.

Did we even need that Divas match? If you're running short on time, just have them fight backstage or something. Or even just have them fight before the bell rings so there is no real match.

They kind of blew the timing of that HoF announcement after The Ascension promo. Oops.

Pretty funny stuff before Ryback vs. Axel. Axel's character is growing on me.

Another squash! At least it was OK while it lasted.

I'm somewhat excited for that rematch on Smackdown.

That was a fine enough main event. Good action all around.

I mostly liked the post-match. I'm not sure why they're dragging this out like Orton's going to remain part of The Authority, but maybe they have a good reason.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment