Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Superstars and Lockdown Reax - 2/6/2015

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Superstars and Lockdown edition of Impact Wrestling.
Superstars:
I liked the opening Divas match pretty well. I've been impressed by Summer Rae and Emma for some time now.

At least there's some continuity with Rose and the Exotic Express. It's weird to have Superstars taped before Smackdown but take place after it. Nothing they can really do about that, though, as few people will stay for Superstars once Smackdown's over.

Fandango vs. Rose was pretty good. That was more than I expected to see from Rose. He's stepping it up.

I wonder what Rose does once he presumably splits from the Rosebuds. I can pretty much guarantee he won't become Leo Kruger, but maybe his character will change some.

Lockdown:
I liked the opening match for the most part. I just think it was structured poorly in some ways. The Twist of Fate was overused, when that should be pretty much a KO move. I'm glad The Revolution retained, and the action was good, but it didn't flow as well as it should have.

That was a pretty awesome post-match. The Revolution has been pretty enjoyable, and they just did some serious damage to a legendary tag team.

Pretty good segment between the BDC and Angle's group. It really adds some intrigue to the main event.

That's pretty insane for Gunner to fight through that much pain. It should be a fun main event with some of these stories in play.

That was a pretty intense match between Havok and Kong. I think they might have went a bit heavy on the "not selling big moves" thing, but the action itself was really good. I'm glad to see Kong back in TNA.

The Angelina/Velvet segment was pretty meh. I'm not all that interested in seeing Angelina without her, but it makes sense to keep her around given how much of a veteran she is.

I liked the backstage segment with Lashley.

I liked Roode vs. Young a good deal. It might have been a little on the short side, but there are other segments to get through tonight.

Fine Angle/Lashley segment. They're setting Lashley up to get a big babyface moment in the main event.

Tyrus was just built like a monster. Impressive. I wanted the faces to win, but I guess now they can do a really big underdog story. No way are they done pushing Spud and Mandrews.

Fun post-match to keep the feud going.

I'm definitely fine with Roode going for the title again. Him winning it from, say, MVP at Slammiversary could be a big story.

Funny segment with Robbie E and Brooke. I'm fine with some levity.

I was pretty impressed by Lethal Lockdown. They made it look like a real war out there. I'm looking forward to where they go from here.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment