Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Interview with the bWo/Bryan/Bret Hart, another NXT live event, Smackdown audience, live event notes, and Questions on Chyna vs. Tyson, Bryan post-surgery, WM31 undercard matches, disruptive fans, and the Network's milestone

The three members of the bWo talked about their collective legacy. How have we never seen a bWo vs. nWo match on the indie scene? Even if it's Stevie and Meanie vs. X-Pac and Buff Bagwell or something, that one would seem to write itself. On that note, I wonder what the nWo members think of that group.

NXT will have a house show in Cleveland, OH, right around the time of the Arnold Classic there. I don't expect live events outside Florida to be a regular thing just yet, but maybe by the end of the year.

Daniel Bryan promoted Fast Lane in Memphis. Bryan vs. Lesnar could be really amazing. Reigns vs. Lesnar would be a very different match.

Bret Hart had a long interview about wrestling past, present, and future. I'm curious to see what he'll think of WM31, especially if they go with Reigns vs. Lesnar.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Smackdown's audience Thursday was 2.44 million viewers, pretty much in line with where they were before the move to Fridays. It was expected there'd be a notable drop following the week where Smackdown was basically Raw due to the weather in the Northeast, but that's a bigger dip than I expected.

SLATER GATOR IS BACK, BAYBEH!!! Heath returned to team with Titus in a loss to Los Matadores on a live event this weekend. I wonder if they would have eventually turned to reuniting PTP if Slater remained out of action, or even gone with Titus and Otunga as a team as they did on an earlier live event.

Sasha Banks teamed with Alicia Fox in a loss to Paige and Natalya at a live event. I wonder how far we are from her coming up to the main roster. She's pretty good, but I'd like to see her get some more experience in NXT before they bring her up.


For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. My guess is how enough time has passed for Tyson to be viewed positively in the public eye. He's rehabilitated and all that. I think that could still be some time away for Chyna, since the adult movies are in her recent past. I do think it's a fair criticism given Tyson's record.

2. I think it's a bit of a catch-22, since his never-say-die attitude and big moves is what got people behind him in the first place. He should definitely be careful with his neck going forward, but it's difficult to say exactly what he should do. He is one of the best workers in the world. Presumably he knows how to minimize risks even with risky moves?

3. I think both are going to happen. I wouldn't be shocked if Miz vs. Mizdow/Sandow got bumped to the pre-show so we can get a big Total Divas segment or a concert or something, but I think we'll see both of those matches that night.

4. I do think WWE should pay more attention to the fans who will spend more money on the product. How many people came to the Rumble who usually illegally stream WWE content? It all has to be balanced. There's such thing as a vocal minority.

5. I agree with the latter point. It was definitely a strategic PR move.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment