Total Pageviews

Friday, February 20, 2015

Smackdown Reax - 2/19/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

God I miss when Miz was higher up on the card. He's great at getting heat. I loved the dynamic he had with Bryan.

Good opening match. I hope Bryan's set for something big in the months to come.

I loved the post-match. The Miz/Mizdow story has been told quite well. It's really time for Mizdow to turn at Fastlane or the Raw after, though.

Not a bad match between Ryback and Kane. I wonder what the future holds for the former Skip Sheffield.

I wonder what BNB's former Nexus buddy David Otunga thinks of how Ambrose made him sign that contract. No way does that hold up in court.

I was a bit disappointed with BNB vs. R-Truth. I think the story took away too much from the match. Barrett could use some rebuilding, I think.

Not a bad post-match.

I'm so ready. I want to see Wyatt kidnap some Ministry members (maybe including JBL?) to play mind games with Taker. Gangrel still wrestles. Call him up and have him be brainwashed by Bray.

I can see Sheamus making a big statement at Fastlane, possibly costing someone a match. Sheamus vs. Ambrose could be pretty fun.

Not a bad tag match at all. I look forward to The Ascension vs. PTP.

I liked Reigns vs. Harper pretty well. Reigns seems to be getting better. Harper remains solid.

Show vs. Rowan wasn't my cup of tea. I think there's an audience for the more "methodical" matches, though, just as there's an audience for the crash-and-burn stuff.

Fine match to build Paige for Sunday. I don't see her winning the title, but I hope she looks good in defeat.

So-so post-match. There's only so much to do to set that match up. It's not a huge priority.

God I'm ready for Goldust vs. Stardust. The latter can really be someone if he keeps doing what he's doing.

Cesaro and Kidd have made for a fun tandem. I hope that continues. They're very talented.

I didn't see that one coming! Rusev definitely made a statement. Fastlane should be pretty good.

Really solid match between Rollins and Ziggler. No surprises there.

Pretty big ending to get heat on the heels. If Rollins becomes champion soon, it will be interesting to see if he ends up feuding with Kane and Show.

More wrestling coming up.

3 comments:

  1. Fastlane predictions:
    - Nikki retains, if for no other reason than for there to be a big arc on Total Divas about her being champion going into Mania. Ugh.

    - Usos retain. I think we're eventually in for Usos vs. The Ascension. It's OK for this result to be predictable, because it's building to something more important. It means more if the Usos hold the titles for a while when they collide with The Ascension.

    - I could see Ambrose winning the title to shake things up and have a title change on the card. I personally want to see Adrian Neville (UK wrestler in NXT) come up and feud with Barrett for the title.

    - I'm going with the faces winning the six-man tag. There's really no reason for them not to. Rollins, Kane, and Show are pretty safe as far as being protected. I'd definitely rather not see Rollins take the fall.

    - I think Goldust gets the win here to set up Stardust winning at Mania in a bigger match. I'm hyped for that feud.

    - HHH's segment with Sting will set up a match at WM31.

    - Rusev wins so Cena has to "overcome the odds" at WM31. I hope we're in for Rusev being a WWE Title player post-Brock, but I can easily see Cena beating him next month.

    - I think we might actually be in for a three-way for the WWE Title at WM31. Or, they could have Sheamus come in and cost Bryan the match so they face off at WM31. I wouldn't put the latter past Vince.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really haven't followed the divas much, so even though I predict Bella to win, I don't think that match will even be remembered in the grand scheme of things. I wonder what would happen and whom would be considered the most if WWE didn't promote Total Divas so much?

    I also pick The Usos to win. This is another typical "the challenger will get a non-title win to build some credibility for the title match, yet will lost the title match itself" situation. What is your current gut instinct telling you regarding PTP being champions during this probable reunion?

    I see Ambrose winning by DQ or some sneaky fashion to set the stage for him to win the title at 'Mania. I think Ambrose is too talented to lose an Intercontinental Title match. Barrett hasn't had that title for that long, so I seem him retaining despite losing it.

    I see Kane's team losing, as it usually happens. I am a bit flustered with WWE right now with the Kane/Big Show thing. I think Kane still has "it," and I know the company may think he may not be around for much longer, but he has still been to just about every live event and televised show. Take the past couple of weeks for example....Big Show was 3-0 and Kane was 0-2. Show got victories over top-tier guys like Reigns AND Bryan. Kane lost to Reigns and Ryback (for like the 10th time in a row).

    I understand the need to want to build the younger guys, but 1) I think Kane should still deserve a little better and 2) Why have Big Show be victorious over upper-card guys that may very well be WWE W.H. Champion in a month?

    I agree with your stance on Goldust vs. Stardust. I see some sort of shifty finish (maybe Goldust winning by DQ) to set up Stardust winning at 'Mania and it being a good platform for Goldust to retire. Where would Stardust go from there?

    I see Cena winning by a shifty finish and still having Rusev preserve not being pinned officially. I don't think it's wise to have Cena lose here. I see him winning here by DQ/countout and winning by pinfall at 'Mania.

    I say the Bryan/Reigns match will be a no-contest to set up the triple-threat match at 'Mania. I think the second best odds match result-wise would be Reigns winning, but my prediction is a no-contest to hype up the match at 'Mania. Maybe Lesnar will interfere in some fashion?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WWE still really likes the Bellas, Total Divas or no. Given who they're linked with romantically, they'd probably still do pretty well for themselves.

    PTP have to compete with the Usos in the tag team title picture. I definitely think the Usos have a big advantage as far as being the top faces there. It could definitely happen, but I don't think they're a top priority. Given how rushed the reunion was, it doesn't look like they're set for a big push.

    It's crazy Ambrose isn't higher up on the card during Mania season, but I can see why they'd rather do Orton vs. Rollins and have Ambrose further down. There's an outside chance we get something like Ambrose vs. Sheamus at Mania and this is just kind of killing time until then.

    I wish I had an answer about Kane and Show. They obviously see Show as higher up on the totem pole. I do wonder how much longer Kane's going to wrestle. It could still be several years, but I think he's definitely close to the end given the stints of just being the DoO. It wouldn't surprise me if Kane was pushing to let the younger guys win since he's had his time in the spotlight and is looking to what's next in his life (given the non-WWE charity appearances and talks). That's speculation, though.

    Stardust vs. Ambrose for the IC Title would be pretty fun. I definitely think he can be in serious contention for titles as a singles guy.

    Oh yeah, I can definitely see them doing a double countout or something to set up another round of Cena vs. Rusev at Mania. It wouldn't shock me in the least. I definitely don't see Cena passing out to the Accolade here. I think I rushed my prediction on that one.

    I REALLY don't think they'd use Lesnar without advertising him. Heyman or The Authority could interfere, but I don't think Lesnar will.

    ReplyDelete