Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Jeff Hardy update, Bryan does a good deed, DDP hospitalized, Interview with Coach, HHH note, live event notes including some returns, Questions on the future of Bully Ray, where's Aksana, taking shots at Punk, people who should have been WWE Champion, and tag teams

TNA put out a kayfabe update on Jeff Hardy following his crazy bump at Lockdown. I imagine he'll be back at the next TV tapings. I wonder if they can drag out The Hardys vs. The Revolution to a big Full Metal Mayhem match at Slammiversary. I think it might have run its course by then, but it's worth considering.

Daniel Bryan went to a children's hospital in Memphis. That's pretty cool. Hopefully that elevates him in the eyes of WWE brass.

Diamond Dallas Page was recently taken to the ICU due to breathing issues. That sounds really, really scary. DDP is the #*$&ing MAN and I hope everything turns out OK for him. On that note, it's just about time to put him in the Hall of Fame.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Jonathan Coachman discussed the possibility of returning to WWE on Taz's podcast. I wouldn't mind seeing it. I'd definitely prefer him to JBL, Booker, or Lawler.

Triple H was at the after-party of the New England Patriots when they won the Super Bowl. It's good to be the King of Kings.

On this weekend's WWE live events:
- Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn teamed to defeat The Ascension. That's pretty cool. I like the idea of two NXT names teaming up to beat those two. Zayn's probably going to be tied up with Owens for a while in NXT (which I have no problem with), but that would make one hell of a team on the main roster.

- Darren Young beat Adam Rose with a schoolboy before Rose put out an open challenge answered by Ryback. Young teaming with an NXT name could be pretty cool. I still like the idea of him being involved with The New Day once their gimmick needs a new direction. They could split into two teams of two or do a 3-on-1 feud out of that association.

- Randy Orton returned to beat Kane. I'm SO ready to see him back on TV. Maybe with him back, he can "injure" someone like Kane or Big Show so they can go off TV for a few months to recharge their batteries? Kane in particular is kind of spinning his tires.

- Bo Dallas returned in a loss to Sin Cara. I miss Bo, too. That goofy smile gets me every time. Speaking of Sin Cara, maybe he and Kalisto can be the team The Ascension's streak on TV? Or they could put Neville in a mask and have him team with Kalisto. Just throwing out ideas here.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. WWE will never "bring back Bully Ray". If he does go back there, it will be as Bubba Ray Dudley, possibly in the role Goldust has right now. I see a very low chance of him getting as high up the ladder as he did in TNA. I think if he's not on the card at WM31, there's not a big chance of him ending up in WWE. As for TNA, I think Bully would go back there if he doesn't have any better options. It's really telling TNA would consider bringing him back after he's made it really, really clear he'd rather be elsewhere. It'd also be pretty telling if Bully went back despite it taking so much to get him to work BFG, and now Velvet Sky's gone. As for recreating himself, I think Mark Henry, The Undertaker, and Kane can all get consideration for that. The circumstances aren't quite the same, though.

2. Am I the only one who wants to see Teddy Long and Aksana continue their WWE angle on the indie scene? That man needs to be making tag team matches somewhere, and Aksana could try to seduce him.

3. WWE can be pretty petty. It could also be the Reality Era thing they like so much.

4. I agree with both of those statements, although I consider DiBiase a champion for the brief period before he was stripped of the title. Absolutely amazing angle. I almost wish they had recreated it with JBL, maybe with Big Show as the Andre? And I'd throw Christian in there, too.

5. I remember marking really hard for the team of Jericho and Benoit. From recent memory, 3MB. Slater Gator just doesn't have the same dynamic. And they could have brought back the team of Cryme Tyme when JTG was doing absolutely nothing, too. I would have liked that.

More wrestling tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment