Total Pageviews

Monday, February 23, 2015

WWE Fastlane Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's PPV.

Kickoff:
I'm glad WWE pushed the Rollins/Stewart thing.

I liked the promo from Team Ziggler. It's a shame they're not really doing much right now. Ziggler could have been a really big deal after Survivor Series.

Good Ambrose promo. I like the titles being made to be important.

Eva Marie and Cameron being at The Oscars should tell you all you need to know about how much E! likes "Total Divas". I don't think it's going away anytime soon.

I liked the MizTV segment well enough. I wanted something more from the encounter, but they can only do so much without Brock being there.

Fastlane:
Not a bad opening match. Obviously Rollins and Ziggler can tear it up, but this was fine for telling a good story outside of the athleticism.

That was a pretty cool return from Orton. It's about time he came back. I picture Orton beating Kane and Show on the way to facing Rollins at Mania.

I liked the backstage segment with Dusty and Goldust. This feud's been great.

Interesting to see something of a hybrid between Cody and Stardust in this match. With him using Cody's old finisher, it makes sense.

Good match to set up something longer and more in-depth at Mania. I think they can do something memorable there.

I'm interested to see what else is in store for the Goldust/Stardust feud.

NICE followup backstage. They can do big things at Mania.

That was a nice surprise! Kidd and Cesaro have finally made an impact after so much good stuff. I'm glad WWE shook things up here.

I liked the HHH vs. Sting segment for the most part. Obviously Crow Sting doesn't really do the talking thing, so HHH carried the segment from a promo standpoint. I'm cautiously optimistic about their WM31 match.

Nikki vs. Paige was pretty good for the time it had. I think both of them can be quite good in the ring.

Disappointing end to BNB vs. Ambrose. That match was still warming up. I hope we're in for more solid action tonight.

I'm not incredibly excited for more BNB vs. Ambrose, as talented as they both are. I'd rather see Ambrose doing something more important.

Oh, I'm REALLY ready for Wyatt vs. Taker now. They've got a pretty good story going. Having Wyatt put Taker down (outside of a potential match with Sting) sounds pretty cool.

Rusev vs. Cena was really damn good. I hope this isn't just a setup for Cena getting his win back next month, because they could really make Rusev here.

Good post-match, too. I'm glad Cena's looking vulnerable.

That was one hell of a main event. Definitely Reigns' best singles work to date. He just raised his profile in my eyes, and I hope he can live up to what's being put upon him as far as being "the next John Cena."

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment