Total Pageviews

Friday, February 6, 2015

Smackdown Reax - 2/5/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

I really liked the opening segment. They pretty much got right down to business without neglecting the Miz/Mizdow angle. I'm really ready for Mizdow to turn face. I don't know how much longer they can stretch that out.

I liked Miz's promo backstage. I miss when he was a high-level heel. Talk about a heat magnet.

Pretty good tag match to keep us going toward Stardust vs. Goldust. I was skeptical on the Stardust gimmick when it first came along, but I think it's been performed really well.

Kind of a funny Axel promo, although I do think it buries him to tell fans not to change the channel, as if it's a foregone conclusion they'll do so.

Ambrose is really, really good. He's constantly innovating and giving it his all.

Not a bad post-match. I wish Ambrose was doing something bigger at WrestleMania. If we're getting Orton vs. Rollins, it kind of leaves him as the odd man out. That's a shame, given how great he's been.

I'm pretty much ready for whatever the next step is for Adam Rose. He's not really going anywhere or doing anything.

Fine match for getting these two some TV time and character development. But where do they go from here?

I liked Miz's promo for reminding us he headlined Mania.

That wasn't a bad match at all from Miz and Reigns. Definitely better than Reigns vs. Show.

Rusev vs. Rowan was good to keep momentum going for the U.S. Champion. I really hope Cena's going to tap out to the Accolade. Especially after Cena beat Wyatt last year.

There's not much they can do to make Paige vs. Nikki must-see TV, but I liked that promo.

Good to see Paige get a dominant win. I do think it felt like they couldn't decide whether this was an all-out fight or a wrestling match. Doing a dropkick felt out of place after the stuff that was more like a fight.

I'm glad they re-showed the segment with Kidd. It was really funny.

I'm totally ready for Bray vs. Taker. I'd like to see the torch passed to the new generation with that one, but I  wouldn't assume that will happen.

Good main event to get Bryan further over without harming Rollins. I hope Bryan's being seriously considered for the WM main event.

Great ending to keep Bryan vs. The Authority going. I see nothing wrong with going with Reigns vs. Sheamus and Bryan vs. Lesnar. Bryan's clearly more ready for the main event scene than Reigns. It's not like Reigns can't still be an important player going forward.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment