Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 2/20/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
I think Fandango and Rose did some pretty good stuff here. Nice move from Rose hitting one of the Rosebuds. I kind of want to see these two as a heel tag team, maybe ditching the Rosebuds? Either that or Fandango turns face and takes the Rosebuds for his own. Just do something interesting with these two already.

Nice match between Swagger and Axel. Both of them can "go". They just seem to be missing that "it" factor to take them further in WWE.

Impact Wrestling:
Nice opening segment. Angle vs. Lashley could be pretty good.

The first match was more like a demolition derby, but they did tell a story of one team trying to beat the other in a heated fashion. I like The Revolution as an entity. There's a nice mix of experienced names with newcomers and they all have different styles.

I didn't see that post-match coming. I wonder if Manik's out of the group now. I think he works well with them, but I'm willing to give him another chance as a singles guy.

That was a pretty good segment involving EC3, Tyrus, et al.. They're actually getting heat on a hair feud in 2015. That's impressive.

I like the idea of BDC working together in the Gauntlet match, although presumably the underlings are just doing it on behalf of MVP.

Pretty cool to see Mickie James back. It could have just been a special appearance for the UK tour, but I hope to see her in the ring again if she can still deliver.

Kind of a clunky match between Snow and Grado, but that's no fault of Al's. He's a true worker in the sense of actually getting a reaction from the crowd instead of just having flashy offense. I wish this match would have had more build so the people not following British Bootcamp would have more of a clue of what's going on.

Nice way to debut Galloway. Will he be in the Gauntlet match? I'm excited to see him and what he does in TNA, because he had been showing a good amount of talent in WWE.

I'm totally down to see Kong squash Angelina Love.

That wasn't bad at all between Terrell and Love. Terrell seems to be improving as a wrestler. I think she was previously held in rather high regard just for taking admittedly impressive bumps.

Really good post-match. I'm excited for the future feuds of the Knockouts division.

Galloway swung for the fences, didn't he? Wow.

Good segment to sell tonight's big gauntlet match.

Dreamer has a connection to the crowd few others can match. He doesn't need to pull off a 450 splash to get over; he just has that intestinal fortitude to keep coming back from getting his ass kicked.

Nice match to get Young over as someone not afraid to get his hands dirty. I like his intensity. TNA's doing a good job using some non-regulars tonight.

That was a pretty good segment with Mickie and Bram. You know it's really personal when the significant other gets involved and brings up the baby. That, to me, means more than fighting for some championships.

They're doing a good job setting up Lashley vs. Angle. That could be a really big night for Lashley.

Really good stuff getting down to where Angle entered. I enjoy this type of match.

Nice match and nice ending. I really like how this one's playing out. Planning out a month's worth of shows at a time is great for TNA and NXT.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment