Total Pageviews

Friday, October 2, 2015

Main Event and Smackdown Reax - 10/1/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Main Event and Smackdown.

Main Event:

Rusev is just plain evil. I'm glad WWE's letting him be a heel toward women. The whole point is to show it's deplorable to treat a woman as inferior to a man.

- Rusev vs. Ryder:
Ryder's showing some good fire here. It's a shame he's basically stuck on the low end of the card, although I think he's valuable as a partner to Mojo Rawley in NXT.

Ryder's putting up more of a fight than I expected.

Nice match overall.

- Axel vs. Strowman:
There's something about seeing a mastodon destroying people... I don't like seeing it with someone like Show we've seen do it hundreds of times, but it's fun with some performers.

I love Bo.

- Dallas vs. Cesaro:
Bo's ring game has improved. I like what I'm seeing.

Fine match!!

Smackdown:
I do think it's probably a little silly to expect this much suspension of disbelief about Kane not being the corporate guy and the Demon.

I mostly liked the opening segment, although I don't know how long they can keep the split identity thing up. I am excited for the main event.

Not a bad Divas promo. I do like Sasha better as a singles competitor, but things are more crowded on the main roster for the division.

- Team Bella vs. Team B.A.D.:
Not a bad match so far.

I feel like we've see just about everything Tamina's capable of. I wouldn't mind if they put Cameron in there in her place.

That picked up in the second half. Sasha's pretty impressive. Naomi and Nikki were good, too.

Pairing Seth with New Day is always entertaining.

Hilarious stuff, as goofy as it was.

It's a shame they jumped right into Charlotte vs. Paige. I'm glad the team thing took a hit, but they could have finished Charlotte vs. the Bellas first. Nikki's owed a rematch.

I feel like Natalya vs. Paige is kind of old news at this point.

- Ryback vs. Owens:
I like seeing two big bulls collide. Not two barely mobile elephants, but two big guys who can go like we have here.

Ryback's definitely more well-rounded than when he got his big push a few years ago. I like what we're seeing from him.

I guess that was an OK ending. It's just kind of disappointing after Owens went on such a tear through NXT.

Fine post-match to give Ryback some heat back.

Stardust is weird as hell, but at least that's interesting. "I'm doing this for my dad" would have gotten old FAST.

- Neville/Dragons vs. Cosmic Wasteland:
Good action so far.

The Ascension are showing more versatility than we saw from them when they first came to the main roster. I'm glad.

Kalisto can do some absolutely incredible things in the ring. I'm always wowed by him.

Nice match altogether.

Bray's promos are almost always good.

Interesting segment overall. I definitely think the Wyatts vs. Reigns/Ambrose/Orton inside Hell in a Cell would be really good. But what does that leave for Kane vs. Rollins? A casket match or ambulance match?

I'm guessing Kane has to leave during this match to tend to something backstage, so Demon Kane takes his place.

- Rollins/Big E/Kofi vs. Dudleys/Kane:
The trombone has been a fun addition to this team.

Nice way to get Kane out of there.

That wasn't bad to continue both feuds.

Jesus. Kane just doesn't like anyone, does he?

BAH GAWD THE BIG RED MACHINE'S SENDING THEM ALL STRAIGHT TA HELL!!!!

More wrestling tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Your thoughts on this article? (particularly the second half).

    http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/9/30/9429103/the-truth-behind-the-ziggler-rusev-feud

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one heck of a theory! Ziggler as a heel going against Cena would be an interesting twist. About all I know on the Cena front is he'll be taking some time off for personal reasons. It makes me wonder if he'll drop the title soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for Ziggler feuding with Rusev, they needed a reason to take Ziggler off TV to do a WWE movie. It was pretty much inevitable Rusev and Lana would eventually split, since it made sense for her to be the reason he finally got pinned/gave up. So they combined the two ideas.

    ReplyDelete