Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 29, 2015

NXT and ROH Reax - 10/28/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

NXT:

Who the heck is Shazza? Obviously we've got an Australian theme for this first match.

- Emma vs. Shazza:
Shazza seems a little off here for whatever reason.

I like the aggressive side of Emma.

That submission is scary-looking, in a good way.

What if Storm wins the TNA World Title Series and takes the belt to NXT? I'm excited for him to be here, and hope there's more where that came from.

Balor's a really good talent.

- Jordan/Gable vs. Gargano/Ciampa:
I love seeing the potential future stars in this match.

Gable's skills are incredible.

DAMN. Ciampa and Gargano have got skills as a team. It's great seeing free agents here.

DAMN AGAIN. Jordan and Gable are a team to watch. I can't wait for them to be on the main roster. 

Really good match. Oh, it's true. It's damn true.

Not a bad promo from Bayley. She's not great at them, but thankfully she's a great wrestler.

WHOA. I do know this performer. NXT's taking women's wrestling seriously.

- Jax vs. Kay Lee Ray:
Why on Earth would you try a waistlock takedown on someone twice your size!?

Nia's a pretty effective monster. There's no stopping someone that big.

Not a bad second match from Jax. I wouldn't mind seeing Kay Lee again.

I would have marked if Dash & Dawson came out to that music after the attack last week. It would have seemed a little out of character, though.

BAH GAWD THAT MAN HAS A FAMILY. ENOUGH IS A-DAMN NOUGH.

I liked that beatdown being quick and deadly instead of a prolonged assault that overdid things.

Nice promo from Alexa. Can they just have Blake and Murphy as her J&J Security and make her the star?

- Breeze vs. Joe:
Good work by Breeze baiting that uggo by trying to lock up on his own terms.

I love the contrast between the King of Cutesville and the monster from Samoa.

Joe's had enough of your crap.

Joe can just straight up destroy people. He's a lot of fun to watch.

Breeze working with such a veteran is definitely helpful as he moves to the main roster.

There's no escaping that one, Tyler! Dude just got REKT.

Balor's absolutely going places.

ROH:
Corino vs. Whitmer is one of the few things I care about in ROH. It's been told well.

- Dijack vs. Moose:
Moose might be a good prospect. It's a shame he's stuck facing guys who care more about moves than psychology.

That was mostly good if you ignore some of the flippy shit.

I'm interested to see how Castle performs without his flashy gimmick.

- Castle vs. Alexander:
Dalton's got some potential I think.

Mostly a good match.

Blehhhhhhh. ROH's characters are so boring. I have no reason to care about Alexander and Scott.

"You're a good wrestler!" "Yes, I am a good wrestler!" This is terrible.

I guess a boring promo isn't as bad to watch as a spotfest?

I guess it's fitting we get Strong vs. Lethal again before DA hopefully drops ROH at the end of their deal.

No idea what Survival of the Fittest is, but I'm glad the five-match series finally means something.

- Elgin/reDRagon vs. The Kingdom:
The pacing of this match is awful. Too many big moves too quickly. It's wrestling for the ADD generation I guess.

I kind of zoned out after they went into full moves-fest mode.

Good setup for the moves exhibition next week. I can't wait to see what choreographed acrobatics the three of them have planned.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment