Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 15, 2015

NXT and ROH Reax - 10/14/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

NXT:
Respect was so fucking hype.

It's a shame Bayley's not a great promo.

Bayley vs. Alexa could be pretty fun.

I enjoy Alexa's character. Just straight-up rude and selfish.

About time we got to Joe vs. Balor. It made sense to focus on the tag team tournament and the women's title match.

Tye can totally be the next Christian, I think. I'm glad we got those promos.

Vaudevillains vs. Fulton/Dawkins:
Dawkins is impressing me here.

Gotch pretty much always impresses me. English ain't half-bad himself.

Good little match. I think there's potential in both duos.

Dash and Dawson definitely have the goods to make it as a team. I look forward to them challenging the champs.

I'm ready for Nia Jax. Time to see what she's all about.

Asuka's kind of creepy.

Is this our new Blue Plants?

- Jax vs. Evie:
I wonder if there's a plan for Jax to replace Tamina at some point?

I'm getting some Braun Strowman vibes here.

Bleeeehhhh. At least she's not Eva Marie.

- #1 Contendership battle royal:
Crews is someone worth investing in. He has a lot of raw ability.

I didn't know I wanted to see Enzo vs. Balor until this match.

I love a good battle royal.

I expected Rhyno to put Corbin over the ropes.

I bet they reverse the elimination or something so Joe ends up in the title match. Although Joe vs. Breeze would be really fun.
 
Crews is impressive as hell.

Balor vs. Crews is going to be HYPE. Not sure why they're not doing Joe vs. Balor, but I trust there are good reasons.

I ALMOST expected some country/Western music to hit to inform Crews someone's sorry about his damn luck. Maybe in a future week.

ROH:
- Sydal vs. ACH:
There's no reason to care who wins this series. Maybe if the winner got a title match? At least pretend it's about more than pride in who the better athlete is.

I think WWE and to some degree TNA have really spoiled me as far as featuring people who actually know how to tell a story. ROH is sorely lacking in that in some cases. It's just a bunch of moves here.

There's taunting, but no clear reason to root for Sydal over ACH. Good wrestling tells a story.

The action's fine, but it's just athlete dude vs. athlete dude. 2vanilla4me.

Bah gawd go to the damn finish already. This stopped being interesting a while ago.

HA HA TIME FOR HIGHSPOTS.

Impressive athleticism at the end. That was kind of it, though.

FINALLY A REASON TO CARE ABOUT THIS SHIT. I'm fairly interested to see Sydal and ACH do moves with The Addiction now. Hopefully Daniels and Kazarian kick some ass because they're upset at losing the titles. I don't expect it though. After all, they're pretty open about it just being a choreographed series of moves, so who cares who holds the props?

WHOA. They actually do care about dropping the belts.

At least heeling Texas can be fun.

WHOA again. An actual feud beyond "we're good wrestlers and you are too so let's have a match." Cool to see the former TNA names all together again.

ANX vs. The Addiction actually has heat.

Why even bring the Boys to the ring if they didn't wear their gear?

Oh, to beat their asses. Got it.

- Silas Young/B.C. Bruiser vs. The Boys:
Bruisers shouldn't be doing frog splashes, dammit. Just slug them!

BAH GAWD THAT WAS A MASSACRE. It was OK I guess.

Blah blah blah. More boring athlete guys.

At least Adam Cole's kind of interesting.

- Lethal vs. Watanabe:
Spots with multiple dives are lame. If the first dive wasn't effective in keeping the person down, do something else. I mean, you know, if you want it to look like a real match instead of just showing off moves.

At least heel moves are fun sometimes.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment