Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 4, 2015

WWE in MSG Reax - 10/3/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network special.
- Orton/Ziggler vs. Sheamus/Rusev:
Orton and Sheamus have quite good chemistry. I like seeing them compete.

Ziggler can bump and move like no one's business. He goes all out.

Rusev's a beast.

Pretty good ending! I liked the match overall.

Fun post-match by Rusev. He's a pretty good character right now.

I don't necessarily want to see Sheamus vs. Rusev, but I think it'd be a good clash.

Kind of a funny Kane promo. I like this angle, but I can see how people wanting serious wrestling wouldn't.

- Stardust vs. Neville:
Stardust is pretty fun.

Stardust is pretty impressive in the ring. He's a solid hand.

These two match up pretty well. Both men are agile.

Enjoyable stuff with Stardust using the cape. Live events can be more fun like that.

Good match overall.

Heyman cuts really amazing promos. I'm hyped like no one's business for Brock vs. Show.

- Team Bella vs. Team PCB:
Good action so far. I'm liking the in-ring stuff from the Divas these days.

I wasn't crazy about the blind tag spot.

That wasn't bad overall. They worked really hard from an action standpoint.

So-so post-match. Paige has turned face and heel too much for it to mean what it should.

Jericho's another legacy guy at this point. I LOVED seeing this guy for so long, especially his heel run a few years back. Now it's just kind of a nostalgia tour.

Honestly, it is pretty cool for Y2J to have this moment.

Nice babyface moment from Jericho.

- Y2J vs. Owens:
This is pretty fun so far. Jericho's still got it, and Owens plays his role perfectly. It's good to see two veterans tell a story.

I like that Owens plays defense at times and takes the cheap way out instead of matching Jericho move-for-move. It should like they're trying not to get hurt, not consciously going for impressive moves.

Nice counters to each others' signature moves.

This is one hell of a story! Props to both men for bringing their all.

Good stuff!

Based New Day. They're absolutely great at this.

SAVE. THE TABLES! SAVE. THE TABLES! SAVE. THE TABLES!!

- Kofi/Big E vs. Dudleys:
The Dudleys still have gas in the tank, too.

The trombone and dancing is OVER.

Not a bad match at all. I almost expected a title change, but I guess we'll see that at HIAC.

I'm loving the post-match.

Fun post-match overall. Woods is so great at what he does.

- Lesnar vs. Show:
WHOA. Crazy strength by Show.

Brock's going to have to earn this one.

Suplex City is finally here!!

There's something cathartic in seeing Show finally get his ass handed to him. If only it meant we didn't have to see him for a few months.

Great post-match. I could watch Brock manhandle Show all day.

- Rollins vs. Cena:
These two always have awesome chemistry.

Absolutely great stuff from both men. This feels like a really big deal.

I hate the superplex/Falcon Arrow spot. At least go for a pin in the middle. It's impressive as hell, but I don't like not selling the impact of the superplex.

This is really awesome so far.

That was a pretty impressive spot with the attempted frog splash. Scary as hell, though.

Fine ending to sell HIAC. I doubt Rollins/Kane can live up to this, though.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment