Total Pageviews

Friday, October 30, 2015

Main Event and Smackdown Reax - 10/29/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Main Event and Smackdown.
Main Event:
- Lynch vs. Brie:
Becky's already a pretty skilled performer. She's doing well with the transition to the main roster.

Pretty solid match so far. Although in some ways doing Bryan's moves is just cruel at this point.

That was a really good match. I'm impressed.

Nice stuff from Stardust. I like the little evil alliance he has with The Ascension.

- Stardust vs. Ryder:
Good match overall. Stardust can do some fun matches.

- Rusev vs. Neville:
Neville's a vicious submission artist for putting Rusev on the shelf like that. Really, though, I hope Rusev's OK.

They obviously had TV time to fill, so Rusev doing a tantrum was nice. They also could have interviewed Neville or something.

Smackdown:
Dude. I like this angle getting heat on the Wyatt Family as a real threat.

This is awesome! The Wyatts look like they straight-up took out two of the biggest legends in WWE history.

Reigns vs. Owens is a pretty entertaining feud.

I like the contrast between the journeys of Reigns and Owens to where they are now.

- Reigns vs. Owens:
Owens' experience as a worker is really valuable here.

Not a bad ending as far as powdering out goes.

Ambrose could get so wrecked against the Wyatts.

Boo Dallas got me. That goof.

New Day stuff was good as always.

- Dudleys vs. Lucha Dragons vs. Ascension vs. Sheamus/Barrett:
I'm liking this brawl so far.

Good match overall!

HILARIOUS post-match. NEW. DAY ROCKS!

They tried a little hard with the Halloween stuff with Ambrose and Cesaro, but I like them teaming tonight.

Boo's more successful in this role than he ever was as a serious wrestler.

Holiday hardcore matches can be fun.

- Ziggler vs. Miz:
This is silly, but I like it in that way. You need some levity here and there.

Good match!

It's a little hard to take a guy with a selfie stick seriously as an ass-kicker, but I'm glad Breeze is in an angle where can succeed.

Blehhh. Natalya vs. Paige just isn't that interesting as a feud.

- Natalya vs. Paige:
I'm pretty tired of the stables feud thing.

GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY WHAT AN ASSKICKING.

I liked the Ambrose/Ryback segment. I wish more stuff was that straightforward.

The "Mex-America" thing is a little forced, but I like the combination of Zeb and Del Rio.

- Truth vs. Del Rio:
ADR kicked some ass there.

Good payoff to the Boo Dallas thing.

- Ambrose/Ryback/Cesaro vs. Harper/Rowan/Strowman:
Good match for what it is so far: some monsters going up against three eclectic superstars.

Cesaro's athleticism is absolutely insane.

Good match overall. The Wyatts look like real threats to all that WWE represents.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment