Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 1, 2015

NXT and ROH Reax - 9/30/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
NXT:
These Dusty Classic updates would be better if not read from the Teleprompter. Edwards can only bring so much charisma in that kind of situation.

I like Dawson and Wilder, so I hope they do well here.

I like seeing rockstar Balor in NXT. He has more personality in that role, and it's not like he can't stop being the Demon in big matches.

- Joe/Balor vs. Enzo/Cass:
Impressive so far as we head into break.

Cass is an enjoyable big guy. He can move pretty well.

Joe and Balor make a solid team. I'm glad both were signed.

Really good stuff overall. I'm excited for the next two rounds.

I'm glad we're seeing more from Ciampa and Gargano. Can we replace 30 minutes of Raw with 30 minutes featuring NXT stars and booking?

We could have some good matches coming up featuring the indie guests.

I liked the Asuka piece.

- Gargano vs. Crews:
Gargano's getting a little on the indie side here. He's talented, but seems more about having innovative offense than making it look like he's actually trying to win.

Crews is of course amazingly strong and agile. I hope he's got a bright future.

Asuka vs. Dana is going to be something of a test for both of them.

I'm excited to see how Asuka and Dana perform. Asuka has a pretty great reputation.

I guess Nia debuts about midway between Respect and Takeover:London.

I enjoy the pair of Dana and Emma a good deal. They're not perfect, but I like what we're seeing.

- Dana/Emma vs. Peyton/Billie Kaye:
I expected this to be something of a squash match, since next week's a big one for Dana.

Billie and Peyton still have some rough spots, but that's why they're in training.

Not a bad match. I think Dana's coming along, but

I'm enjoying the combination of JJ and Gable.

Dash and Dawson did fine, too.

- Ciampa vs. Breeze:
This is going well so far. I like the chain wrestling.

Ciampa's experience definitely helps him here. Breeze isn't QUITE at the level of the veteran pro.

I'm impressed by the ROH alum.

WHY DID NO ONE THINK OF BREEZE DOING THE UNPRETTIER UNTIL NOW???? That fits him perfectly.

Solid match overall.

Not a bad promo from Rhyno/Corbin.

Bayley vs. Sasha should really be amazing.

Bayley's still a little awkward with promos.

ROH:
- Sydal vs. Watanabe:
Chain wrestling? In ROH!? I'm impressed.

Then the cartwheels happen. Either do serious wrestling or do theatrics. For that matter, ROH should either do serious wrestling or spotfests instead of presenting them on the same show.

I'm liking the psychology here. It's an impressive change of pace.

I'm liking this a pretty good amount.

Not a bad match at all. I hope this wasn't a fluke.

Whitmer's a lot of fun.

- Page vs. Ferrara vs. Moose vs. Watanabe:
Why are these people even fighting? I hate random multi-man matches.

Moose is a lot of fun because he brings contrast to ROH.

A little on the chaotic side for my taste. "Slow it down a hair," etc..

The actual wrestling was mostly good there.

Why did I just see Bushwhacker Luke randomly become part of the show? I don't think it served much purpose.

That was really stupid...

Field of Honor was more than a month ago. I'm ready to see the fallout from ASE VII.

- Nakamura vs. Cole:
So-so stuff so far. Nakamura has been rated pretty highly.

The chinlock spot was really well done. Hilarious stuff.

Not a bad match overall so far. I'm enjoying the psychology.

I'm pretty impressed by the skills Nakamura's showing here. I wouldn't mind seeing more of him in the U.S..

Finisher spam time!

Honestly, given the normal ridiculousness of ROH matches, this was pretty passable. Less would have been more, but they were both on top of their games as athletes.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment