Total Pageviews

Friday, October 16, 2015

Main Event and Smackdown Reax - 10/15/15

Read on for my take on last night's Main Event and Smackdown.
Main Event:
- Stardust vs. Fandango:
So-so start to things with the silliness. At least it's interesting.

I mostly like The Ascension being paired with Stardust. They weren't really doing anything else.

I enjoyed that match overall.

The sooner we don't have to hear much from the Bellas and Alicia, the better. It's a shame the Revolution has really just given them more opponents.

Adam Rose just doesn't have much left going for him. I don't think I'd mind him being paired with the former (?) Brad Maddox to shake things up.

- Ryback vs. Rose:
It's fun sometimes to just watch Ryback destroy people. This is one of those times.

Not a bad dominant win.

- Naomi/Tamina vs. Bellas:
Yeah, we could have seen this match before the Revolution. Fans want the new faces to get a chance to shine.

So-so match at this point.

I like the action here. I just feel like we've seen it all before.

Honestly, they picked things up at the end of that one. No real complaints.

Smackdown:
Bo's great. I think things are starting to run thin with his character, but he's usually pretty fun.

- Bo vs. Reigns:
I liked that for what it was.

Nice Reigns promo.

Fine stuff from Bray, too.

Funny stuff with the Cosmic Wasteland.

- Cesaro/Neville vs. Sheamus/Barrett:
I like seeing the whole "small performer vs. big performer" thing at times when both sides can wrestle well.

That was MOSTLY good. As great as Cesaro is, I think he's getting a little formulaic as far as just going for the same signature spots. He's getting kind of "indie," which is the last thing he needs to be if he wants to succeed past where he is now.

Is Summer turning face or something? I guess that's cool. Can we see her wrestle more now?

MAN that Ambrose segment was painful. They're forcing his character to be "wacky, crazy guy" instead of what brought him to the dance.

- Owens vs. Ryder:
I miss the days of Zackdown, but it is 2015 now.

Good match overall. Based KO.

I wish Owens didn't run from fights. He should be a credible monster.

Oh, no. They're trying to make Paige into CrayJ. It's a shame things have gone this way for her character.

- Ziggler vs. Rusev:
I'd KIND OF mark if Rusev announced he'd take both Summer and Lana because "he's hardcore."

Not a bad match overall. It's just time for them to move on, I think. I'd personally like to see a double turn at HIAC.

Not an awful post-match. I'm ready for them to get to the end of whatever they're doing with Summer and Dolph.

NICE stuff with the Dudleys and Ambrose.

- PTP vs. Harper/Strowman:
I'm liking this so far.

Good match to set up HIAC. I love PTP, but they're not on the card then.

 - Charlotte vs. Alicia:
Good stuff!

That wasn't bad for a post-match. I'm just kind of tired of the factions thing.

I should have known they weren't going to make Paige face again (if it was her who attacked Natalya).

GOD New Day's the greatest. They've struck gold.

- Ambrose/Dudleys vs. New Day:
Good action so far.

Really enjoyable match overall.

Whoa. Big statement by New Day. Good work from the champs.

No comments:

Post a Comment