Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Superstars Reax - 10/2/15, Interviews with Heyman/Roberts+Hall, Balor vs. TNA, Cena update, new role for Mendes, injured star back to training, Smackdown audience, Takeover expanded, former TNA Champion at NXT show?, and Questions on HHH changing Vince's mind, Cornette, Russo, Meltzer, and Joel Gertner

Superstars:
I miss seeing more of Slater. Can we get him to work NXT?

- Cesaro vs. Slater:
God stuff so far. I like how these two styles interact.

Not a bad match. I'm glad the swing's back. It was pretty over.

- Ascension vs. Dragons:
I like that the Ascension don't need to do cartwheels or dives. Just be two big powerful dudes stopping the flippy guys from using their aerial advantages.

Kalisto was amazing as always.


Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Paul Heyman talked ahead of WWE's special in MSG. There aren't many people who can pose a threat to Brock at WM32. They've got their work cut out for them there.

Update: Heyman did another interview about working with Brock. Heyman's a really motivated guy. I'm glad he continues to excel.

Jake Roberts and Scott Hall talked about their recovery.

Finn Balor posed outside TNA's offices ahead of NXT running Nashville. Just think, in 10 years that will be played all over WWE Network! Nah, I wouldn't read too much into it. It definitely got people buzzing, though. We'll see if anything else happens between the two sides.

WWE has confirmed Cena's absence from their upcoming European tour being due to personal reasons. I hope he pulls through whatever he's going through.

Rosa Mendes is now the WWE.com correspondent for Smackdown. I guess that's WWE's way of getting something out of her while she's pregnant. I wonder what her future holds after she delivers.

Alex Riley will be returning to the Performance Center this week after his injury. I hope we see him compete more in NXT.

Smackdown last week drew 2.13 million viewers. The show's not exactly doing stellar numbers.

Takeover:Respect is scheduled for two-and-a-half hours. Things keep getting bigger for NXT! I wonder if the London show will be of a similar length.

There was a report of James Storm being ringside at NXT's live event in Nashville, but Storm disputed it. I think he'd be worth giving a shot there if the two sides are up to it.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. He can tell Vince, but I doubt Vince will listen! It will take some serious convincing to show him he should do something new.

2. Knowledgeable of the basics of how pro wrestling can be presented as a sport and a spectacle without becoming "sports entertainment." I do think the business has more or less passed him by as a booker since the indie fans want to see flippy shit and the big guys want to do sports entertainment.

3. I think that was astute. Russo knew people wanted something different from how wrestling had been presented. He was the right person in the right place at the right time to do more for wrestling as a TV show. I also think he tries to do/say crazy things for attention, as his booking would attest to.

4. Definitely knowledgeable about the workings of the business, although I think he's often way off the base with his opinions on what makes a "five-star match."

5. WWE is PG, so I really doubt it. I wish!

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment