Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 22, 2015

NXT and ROH Reax - 10/21/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
NXT:
- Asuka vs. Billie Kay:
Asuka's kind of scary.

Not a bad promo from Billie Kay. She's got confidence.

I think Billie's already a more natural character/performer than Eva Marie. She's convincing at being mean.

I like what Asuka brings to the Divas division. It's FAR past time for someone to break the mold of what a WWE Diva is.

I'm sold on Asuka already. More time in NXT will do her good, but she's certainly got what she needs to be successful if those on the other side of the curtain know what the hell they're doing.

Corbin's still coming along on promos, but he's improving.

Good promo from Breeze overall. I'd probably pencil him in as an/the NXT entrant for the Rumble. 

- Enzo/Cass vs. Dash/Dawson:
Dawson's just there to dismantle Enzo. No fancy moves. No cute catchphrases or over-the-top look. He just hurts people. I like it.

I wasn't too crazy about the ending, but I hope it leads to more between these two sides.

Dash & Dawson are just thugs/bullies. I miss that kind of heeling. They don't have to be obnoxious on the mic to get that aspect over, either. They don't need to yell if we know who they are. They just bust faces.

Dude, James Storm leading Dash & Dawson would be money. Book it, Trips.

Can Eva Marie get hit Gored next? I'm pretty sure she's a robot anyway.

Really underwhelming music for the former TNA Champion, but this is awesome!!!

- Storm vs. Burch:
Burch probably gets more TV time now than he did when he was actually under contract.

No real complaints here! I wish he had his TNA theme, but at least he's not wrestling as Braden Walker or something.

For those of you who don't watch TNA, Storm works best as a tag team partner or part of a stable. Really solid performer, particularly as a character and on the mic. He can do good things for NXT/

I'm looking forward to Balor vs. Crews!!

Nice stuff to give us even more reason to root for Apollo. One heck of a guy.

More from Nia next week is fine by me.

- Alexa vs. Peyton:
Alexa has as much personality in the ring as Blake and Murphy as a team. They're her sidekicks if anything.

Not bad so far from Peyton.

Impressive from Alexa. I like her progress.

I hope Alexa has a bright future. I think she could be the next prospect to watch now that Sasha, Charlotte, and Becky have advanced.

Breeze vs. Joe is going to be off the chain.

- Corbin vs. Rhyno:
Corbin doesn't really strike me as an indispensable talent, but you need some big hosses to slug people, too.

BAH GAWD WHAT A GORE!!!!

I think that should have been the finish, really. Corbin could use a reason to get revenge.

Fine ending. What does Corbin do now? Corbin vs. Storm could work.

JOE'S GOING TO KILL BREEZE. Really good promo.
ROH:
- ANX vs. Addiction:
Nice way to get rid of Sabin. When the heck is he going to wrestle for ROH?

I like the Addiction's heel tactics.

Enjoyable stuff to lead to the hot tag on King. Old-school tag team wrestling.

Oh, this could be interesting.

CRAZY finisher. Good match overall.

Looks like we'll find out who the mystery person is later. Another former TNA name, maybe?

Adam Cole was actually interesting when he might have been turning face. I'm not crazy about the Kingdom staying as a unit, but I'll give it a shot.

Honestly, the Kingdom as a dominant group could be fun. Maybe.

The Kingdom looking to take all the gold is good. It's nice to see belts being presented as important.

I really enjoyed the segment with the Kingdom and their adversaries. It actually added heat to a feud beyond "this will be a really good match."

- Page vs. Jay Briscoe:
This is pretty fun so far.

I really like the brawl involving the other people at ringside.

Briscoe is straight up kicking Page's ass.

This is an all-out war!!

BAH GAWD ALMIGHTY!!!!

Really good stuff overall.

I haven't seen someone get hit with a roll of quarters in forever. Good stuff. Whitmer vs. Corino could be pretty good.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment