Total Pageviews

Monday, October 19, 2015

More on Rose being hurt, more Zayn-EVOLVE notes, and Questions on headlining HIAC, Vince retiring, Fandango, employees vs. independent contractors, and title prestige

Adam Rose was held out of competing at a live event Sunday due to concern over a concussion. I hope he bounces back.

Sami Zayn was said to have enjoyed himself a lot at EVOLVE 49. The indies are a special place.

At EVOLVE 50, for the live audience, Zayn interacted with Ethan Page and EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher. I don't think I'd mind a special NXT-EVOLVE event (or at least a few matches here and there). I don't know the odds of that happening, though. EVOLVE wasn't allowed to show Zayn on their iPPVs due to his exclusive contract with WWE/NXT.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. The "main event" is the most hyped match on the card in my eyes. World Titles should be important, but sometimes some feuds are more important than the strap. Brock vs. Taker is one of those feuds.

2.


GODDAMNIT MILLENNIALS IF YOU WANT ME TO RETIRE SO BAD, YOU COME AND TAKE THE DAMN COMPANY FROM ME. I'M GONNA RUN THIS COMPANY UNTIL THEY TAKE ME OUT IN A PINE BOX. AND HELL, I MIGHT EVEN RUN MY COMPANY FROM THE GRAVE. I'M VINCE MCMAHON, GODDAMN IT!!!!

Vince is entrenched in his role. He ain't leavin' until he has to.

3. As huge of a Johnny Curtis/Fandango mark as I am, I think it was kind of a "Rick rolling" kind of thing where it was over a while in an ironic way before people moved on to the next trend. They definitely could have done more with him after he beat Jericho, though. He's a talented guy who doesn't get his due a lot of times.

4. This is an issue above my head, I think. It's probably more complicated than it's presented as.

5. As far as what's most prestigious to hold in 2015, I think that sounds about right. Yes, the TNA Title has been held by some major names, but right now TNA itself isn't very prestigious given how few shows they run. I don't have time to watch EVOLVE or LU, so I'd go with NXT vs. ROH since they do have some good workers in ROH. As long as they don't get too indie with it.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment