Total Pageviews

Friday, October 9, 2015

Main Event and Smackdown Reax - 10/8/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Main Event and Smackdown.
Main Event:
Dude, it's still a few months before the end of the year.

Not sure if there was anything to Owens name-dropping Cameron. It was pretty funny, though.

Owens is killing it with this promo.

I love the bully accusing a commentator of bullying him.

Is Jimmy cleared to compete? I haven't heard anything to suggest that, but it's a nice surprise if so.

Looks like we will get that match tonight!

- Paige vs. Naomi:
Pretty good action so far.

Both Divas are doing big things here. I like their determination.

Pretty solid match overall. I'm impressed.

- Owens vs. Jimmy Uso:
I like Owens working with smaller opponents he can dominate.

I love Owens matches. Very glad he's in WWE.

GREAT ending sequence.

Smackdown:
How can anyone be sour about New Day starting Smackdown?

New Day's gloating is awesome.

Xavier going in hard on Philly.

 Fun stuff, but I'm glad Ziggler broke in when he did.

Good endgame. Ziggler vs. Big E should be pretty good.

- Ziggler vs. Big E:
This is pretty good so far. I'm loving Xavier at ringside.

I liked that match overall. Six-man tag in the main event?

Not a bad Rusev/Summer Rae segment. I just think Owens vs. Rusev is an odd feud given the heat both men get as heels.

Hopefully Paige leaving PCB is the first step of dismantling the faction idea. I'd like it more if the new Divas were spotlighted rather than the same old, same old.

- Team Bella vs. Charlotte/Becky/Natalya:
Good teamwork from the faces.

Heck, good teamwork by the heels as well.

Enjoyable figure four spot.

Nice ending!

The Paige/Natalya feud is kind of drawing some attention away from Charlotte winning the title.

Ryback can be fun on promos in somewhat small doses.

- Rusev vs. Ryback:
I like this being an all out brawl instead of a technical classic. I think that's needed more at times.

This is better than it has any right to be. Both men are talented.

Not bad at all! Not a fan of Rusev losing again, but I guess we're in for more Ryback vs. Owens.

Braun's pretty creepy. Not gonna lie.

- Barrett vs. Neville:
Neville is getting a little too on the flippy side for me at times.

I mostly liked this match.

Weird stuff from Stardust, but at least his crazy character gives him freedom to face just about anyone on the face side without it needing to be about a title or something more tangible.

They're crazy for not putting all six men in the Cell. Bray vs. Roman's not as interesting without the others involved.

- Wyatt/Strowman vs. Reigns/Orton:
Mostly good so far. Where are Ambrose and Harper?

Fine match overall.

Pretty good post-match. This has been a good feud for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment