Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Raw Reax - 10/19/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
BAH GAWD STONE COLD!!! STONE COLD!!! STONE COLD!!! IT'S THE TEXAS RATTLESNAKE, KANG!!! It just doesn't work as well with Cole, JBL, and Saxton...

WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? AWWWWW HHEEELLLL YYYYYYEEEEEEAHHHHH.

Seeing Austin and Taker together is pretty cool. When's the Deadman going to be on Austin's podcast?

Brock vs. Taker is going to be SOOO hype.

Heyman sold HIAC for me, even if it wasn't available on the WWE Network for $9.99.

It made sense to save the clash for Sunday.

God I love New Day. I feel the power.

- Cena/Dudleys vs. New Day:
Woods has improved lately.

Big E's a really good performer.

They're actually not destroying New Day's push! At least not until Sunday.

Oh, well... the faces did get their heat back.

Interesting to not have Orton tonight. Presumably he pops up later to even the odds.

I kind of want to see a feud with Ambrose/Malenko/Finlay vs. Rollins (?) and J&J Security. Or heck, Malenko and Finlay vs. the Dudleys.

If Jericho teams with Ambrose tonight, I'm probably going to punch my computer.

- Nikki/Alicia vs. Sasha/Naomi:
Glad they trust Sasha to get in the ring this time.

I'm impressed by this match so far. Nikki and Alicia are solid.

I'll miss Sasha in NXT...

Good match overall! How about at Survivor Series, they end the factions thing?

It makes sense for Kane to be suspended for last week. Do they suspend him for good if he loses his job Sunday?

Austin, Taker, and DX on one show is still pretty cool when it's kept to rare occasions.

Nice continuity from the first HIAC match.

The stage is definitely set for Taker to bow out at WM32.

I like that HHH ordered Shawn to put Seth over.

Shawn disregarding instructions is pretty much a shoot!

Rollins putting himself over was nice.

Shawn's good at getting other feuds over.

I liked the Seth/Shawn segment overall.

- Rollins vs. Ryback:
I'm mostly liking this; Rollins can pull out a solid match from pretty much anyone.

ROLLINS WINS CLEAN!!!!!!! That needs to happen Sunday, too. If ratings are an indication of what fans think of Rollins vs. Kane, they need to shift gears for November.

- Cesaro/Neville/Ziggler vs. Rusev/Sheamus/Barrett:
Neville can move, but I can easily see him being pigeonholed as Flippy Guy.

Cesaro is always impressive.

Enjoyable match!

I thought Rusev was going to get "buried" tonight. That was the latest conspiracy at any rate.

Oh. Maybe they'll "bury" him during MizTV.

Dallas does have some serious history.

Big Red's back! That was kind of anticlimactic. They could have teased him being upset with Strowman "taking his place."

I like this between Roman and Bray.

It looked like Ambrose and Reigns could have held their own there.

That's a great way to do a Shield reunion!!

- Charlotte vs. Brie:
I mostly liked this one. I hope we're not in for something screwy in the Divas' Title match,

Paige vs. Natalya is kind of "meh." Why isn't Paige involved with the title match? What's the point otherwise?

WHOA. Didn't expect them to acknowledge the former Madusa's criticism of the Divas.

- Henry vs. Owens:
This is likely one of Henry's final matches in Texas. I fully expect him to retire at or shortly after WM32, then move into a backstage role.

I like the dichotomy between Henry and Owens.

DAMN. Henry's really fallen from a few years back.

Ryback vs. Owens is pretty lukewarm. There's just not much to get excited about.

- Shield vs. Wyatt/Rowan/Strowman:
Great stuff before the bell. Rollins should be reluctant to team with these two. Heck, they should be questioning working with him.

This feud was always fun. They work together solidly.

Exciting stuff so far.

Countdown to when Demon Kane attacks Rollins...

NICE ending.

I enjoy Strowman just being an unstoppable beast.

Good ending to the show, I think. Where do they all go after Sunday?

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment