Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Raw Reax - 10/5/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I love you Based Heyman and Lesnar. Please F5 all the jobbers.

I'm super excited for Hell in a Cell. Brock vs. Taker should be amazing.

What if there's nothing left of Taker to make it to WM32!? Who the heck were they going to have him face anyway if not Brock?

At least Lesnar got to kick Show's ass some more. Can someone finish him off by the end of the year?

Rollins/Show vs. the Dudleys isn't something I'm crazy about seeing.

- Reigns/Ambrose/Orton vs. Wyatts:
Ambrose and Harper are a lot of fun.

We've got chaos here, which can be fun in the right circumstances. The men in this match do hardcore brawls well.

Nice match!

So, what does Roman do after this feud? Him going for the WWE Title again will probably be ill-received. Maybe feuding with Owens for the IC belt?

Nice segment/match with Neville and Sheamus.

Oh . Spoke too soon. It got heat for Neville vs. Barrett, but that's not too interesting of a feud. I think it did more to ground Neville than elevate Mr. MITB.

I sure hope Kane gets to the bottom of this Demon guy who keeps popping up to attack Seth Rollins.

What a kind gesture by Kane to kelp Seth out tonight. No wonder he passed his evaluation.

The deflated balls thing is old now, and kind of a forced reference.

I mostly like Kane's new character, as stupid as it is in some ways to pretend he's two different people.

Oooohhh... interesting. What would it mean for Kane to lose at HIAC? I assume he'd just go back to being a wrestler with no other on-screen role. That makes sense. Otherwise he could just put Rollins in matches or whatever forever.

Rollins vs. HHH at WM32 needs to happen. It is kind of getting old for the WWE Champ to keep running to Mommy and Daddy.

- Natalya vs. Paige:
Nice wrestling so far.

I think Paige might work better as a heel.

Not a bad match overall.

So-so Ryback promo. I'm fine with having a few people who just do catchphrases.

- Owens vs. Cara:
Owens making fun of Kalisto's height was actually kind of funny. What is it with Owens and luchadores, anyway?

Good match overall. I'm a big LD fan, but I was fine with them being used to elevate the IC Champ.

The post-match started off well. I'm kind of tired of cowardly heels, though. Owens should be able to match Ryback.

I love the idea that backstage at wrestling shows an executive can be interrupted by clappers and someone with a trombone.

New Day's run was fun while it lasted. I think we'll have new champs at HIAC.

I almost puked at the charity segment. Where are the lung cancer drives? That kills more women than breast cancer.

- Rollins/Kane vs. Dudleys:
How heartless of Seth to make Kane compete with his hurt ankle!!

Nice match overall so far. I like the story of Kane's ankle injury being part of things.

I'm half-expecting Kane to get someone else to wear the mask to psyche Rollins out. If only Luke Gallows was here...

That was mostly good. I guess I'd be feeling the Dudleys nostalgia more if I hadn't seen them compete in TNA so much.

I mostly liked the post-match. I just hope Kane vs. Rollins doesn't go TOO long. They can only channel Kane's glory days for a set number of appearances.

Yeah, I'm really tired of the Bellas.

Meh. Cheap stuff from the Divas. This isn't what got Sasha over in NXT.

- Team BAD vs. Team Bella:
The sooner this faction stuff ends, the better.

Matches involving the Bellas, Alicia Fox, and Tamina in 2015 are hardly revolutionary. Each of those names can be used well, but it's time for some fresh faces to be a bigger part of things.

At least Sasha got the win.

Why not Charlotte vs. Nikki on Raw next week to set up Charlotte vs. Nikki vs. Paige at HIAC? We've seen enough of Nikki in singles matches for the title.

Rusev/Summer is officially going off the rails. Time for something to shake things up.

Interesting response from Rusev. I'm not crazy about another round of Cena vs. Rusev if that's the title he's going for, but if it leads to Cena taking time off, go for it!

I'm glad Cena's promo was short.

Pretty serious from New Day. It does make sense three men could be a force to be reckoned with.

I'm excited for Cena vs. Big E.

- Cena vs. Big E:
Big E's not bad at all. He could break out in the next few years if things go right.

That was good while it lasted. The open challenges have generally been solid.

Huh, maybe we do get a Cena/Ziggler feud based on "Total Divas."

Nice stuff overall! Glad New Day can get some heat.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment