Total Pageviews

Friday, October 16, 2015

WWE promotes EVOLVE, WWE-WWNLive update, Interviews with Hogan/Lawler/Vampiro, TNA and ROH audiences, and Questions on titles being vacated, the TNA video library, the Network, and Finkel

WWE is promoting this weekend's EVOLVE events. This is something I really never thought I'd see. All Hail Haitch, etc.. I think it's a great move for the future of an industry that's really in some trouble if WWE doesn't develop the stars of the next generation.

- I hope Johnny Gargano becomes an NXT guy. He's been really impressive so far.
- I've seen Nese a few times in TNA. Maybe he'd do better outside the X-Division mold.

The WWE/WWNLive relationship is said to be one that's still coming together. WWE has not purchased the company, but the two sides are obviously working together in some form. This is something we haven't seen since WWF worked with ECW more than 15 years ago. I hope it works out as well for both sides as that relationship did.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.


Hulk Hogan talked to the BBC about his recent troubles. It will be quite some time before he's welcomed back to WWE. I'd like to think he's not gone forever.

Jerry Lawler talked about working with Andy Kaufman. Kaufman ABSOLUTELY belongs in the WWE Hall of Fame. No question.

Vampiro talked about WCW and more. I wonder if he ever ends up appearing for WWE in some fashion, even if it's just a Hall of Fame nod and beating up a jobber.

TNA's audience this week was 247,000 for its first showing, and 82,000 for its replay. So, they pretty much got stomped. That's actually their lowest 9 p.m. audience in the Wednesday night era. I really wonder what their future holds on TV in the U.S. with such a low audience.

ROH on DA drew 174,000. Not bad at all for them in their one showing.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I think sometimes it's more of a case of having a chance to reboot things and give some feuds a break. I am interested in who the next TNA Champion will be in this case, but obviously it only led to a short-term jump in ratings.

2. TNA does have access to a lot of matches and material featuring important legends, as well as some people who can still be important acts going forward (Joe, Storm, etc.). And at one point, more than two million people watched TNA. That's a pretty big potential audience. I definitely think WWE should try to get it if TNA goes under.

3. That's a pretty great idea! I don't know how many people want to see stuff from the good old days, but they're in a race to get those names while they're still alive, so they should get on it.

Nothing to add to 4.

5. It would be great to have Finkel do MSG events still. As much as I love the Fink, I can't blame them for going for younger faces in the role. I wish they'd take a similar approach with some of the announcers. I do think Finkel is an asset in his current role, which should be considered.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment