Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 3, 2015

NXT and Impact Wrestling Reax - 12/2/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Impact Wrestling.
NXT:
Corbin's growing on me. I wouldn't say he's top heel material, but he's made some progress.

Dillinger's a valuable player in NXT as far as working with newer names.

- Dillinger vs. Corbin:
Corbin's a pretty convincing hoss. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as someone's bodyguard on the main roster in 2016.

Corbin's becoming better at the little things that make a bunch of moves come together to make a match.

Heck, Tye's not bad himself.

GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY LOOK AT THE STRENGTH OF THIS MAN. BARON BAH GAWD CORBIN. Nice win for Corbin.

Blue Pants you gonna get wrecked.

That was a fine promo from Ciampa. He's a good addition to NXT. WWE needs to be careful not to go too far on the indie side since they need to develop their own performers, but I think they can do good things with some of the indie stars they do bring it in.

- Jax vs. Blue Pants:
Blue Pants has some good agility.

Nia's a pretty convincing monster with her size. She's still got some work to do, but she's making progress.

Good showing by Jax overall.

I'm enjoying the tag team champs, particularly Dawson. I love the throwback feel to them.

I'm impressed by Dawson's promo skills. Wilder's improving, too.

Sorry bout your damn luck, Rose.

I miss partying Rose. He was actually interesting then.

- Storm vs. Rose:
Storm's veteran work on display here. I'd like to see him paired with someone like Corbin.

I hope they move Storm into an actual program soon. This was good, but it didn't really do anything to advance anyone in NXT's career.

Jordan and Gable are a fun duo. They've progressed from when we first saw them paired up.

Do they have Zayn return at Takeover or at the tapings afterward?

- Vaudevillains vs. Jordan/Gable:
Gable's wrestling is great.

Don't count Gotch out as an athlete!

It's going to be a joy seeing Gable progress in the years to come.

I hope Gable and JJ are their next Kurt Angles.

Really good showing from JJ and Gable. They're moving up the tag team ranks for sure.

WHAT!? NO!!! SHAKE THEIR HANDS!!!

Dana's improving with promos. Working with Emma has helped both of them get better.

Elias isn't a bad singer/player. I hope he can work, too.

We've seen "Liv" before in a few cameos. I hope she's done good work.

- Emma vs. Morgan:
They do have some pretty crazy spiders in Australia, so a Tarantula is appropriate.

This match so far is just OK. Emma's obviously showing Liv how to get her ring legs.

Decent fire here from the newbie.

Asuka's really creepy. I'm looking forward to this match.

I think Bayley vs. Nia could be really fun. Bayley can work around Nia's inexperience.

HOLY SHIT! They might have to scrape Bayley off the mat when those two fight.

It's about to get ROH in here.

- Joe vs. Ciampa:
Both men are pretty believable badasses.

Joe's a methodical ass-kicker.

DO NOT trade slaps with Samoa Joe, unless you want to get rekt.

This is going pretty well. I like what I'm seeing from Ciampa. He's intense.

Joe's impressive. He's picked up his game with this new environment.

Impact Wrestling:
They're pretty much jumping right into the action! I kind of expected them to do half the quarterfinals tonight and half next week. I can see why they'd want to do as little filler as possible, though. Maybe save that for the last episodes of the year when most of the tournament matches are over and it's a slow time due to the holidays.

- EC3 vs. DJ Z:
I like DJ Z being something of the babyface underdog here against the former champ and his bodyguard. It's a good story to tell.

Nice match overall.

I'm interested in the match between the X-Division Champ and the KO Champ. I'm fine with intergender matches, generally speaking. Big Show vs. Alexa Bliss would be frightening given their size differences, but Kim vs. Uno works.

- Uno vs. Kim:
Not bad at all! Kim's impressive.

That was a pretty solid wrestling match. Better than we usually see from Uno. I wish he worked like this in X-Division matches instead of just doing crazy flips.

I think Davey and Bram could have a hell of a match. Bram dishes out punishment, and Davey can take it like few others.

- Davey vs. Bram:
Davey's an amazing, amazing athlete. He's a lot of fun to watch. He should definitely slow it down and make less mean more, but there's no disputing how gifted he is.

Not a bad match at all. And something of an upset, I think.

I don't dislike Drake at all. He could have a good future in the business. He almost definitely won't be the guy to beat Shera, but it's not because he's not talented.

- Shera vs. Drake:
Shera's kind of a guilty pleasure in a B-movie way.

I think Drake did about the best he could with Shera. Shera's still pretty green. It's not his fault he's being given such a push so early, but it's still pretty scary how much TNA is behind a guy who's so rough around the edges.

I'm KIND OF getting into Shera in something of an ironic way.

Matt Hardy makes for a great babyface. He's easily one of TNA's most valuable assets going into 2016. That will only be more true when Angle leaves.

- Matt Hardy vs. Roode:
I miss heel Robert Roode. He should have been more for TNA.

Roode is a really good wrestler. I'm always impressed by him.

Really good match overall. Matt had to earn that one. I would not mind Matt going all the way if they have an "out" for EC3 losing (maybe Tyrus turns on him or something?).

Drew Galloway is another really talented guy. His character's pretty generic rah-rah babyface, but he has a lot of passion. Galloway vs. Lashley should be OFF THE CHAIN.

Godderz vs. Kong could be pretty interesting.

That was some serious heeling from Godderz. He could be a solid heel in the future.

- Godderz vs. Kong:
Dude Kong is destroying this guy. I hope she's still a part of things in 2016 if she's able.

That was OK. Kong should have won.

- EY vs. King:
This is going quite well so far! There's a nice contrast between the two competitors. EY finally feels pretty much like a top-level guy.

That was mostly good. It definitely made sense for Young to win and advance, even if King was staying.

I'm hype for Drew vs. Lashley.

I don't think I'd mind EY as champ. His reign as a face left something to be desired.

- Lashley vs. Drew:
Lashley is a BEAST. Not someone to mess with.

Trading blows with Lashley was ill-advised.

That was quite the match! I just wish it would have been longer. They had a LOT to tape, though, so I can see why it wasn't.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment