Total Pageviews

Friday, December 4, 2015

ROH and Main Event Reax - 12/3/15

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's ROH and Main Event.
ROH:
- Page vs. Ferrara:
This isn't bad so far.

Page is impressing me here.

Decent stuff from Ferrara, too.

OK ending.

I liked the post-match, at least. Whitmer's one of the few compelling characters in ROH.

Not sure how long of a write off that will be for The Addiction. I'm almost positive they're not "done" working for ROH, just doing NJPW for a while.

Brutal Bob is REAL. That was pretty crazy.

Lethal just doesn't feel like a top-level guy to me. It could be because he never reached that level in TNA.

AJ certainly accomplished a lot in TNA, but I like the idea of ROH accomplishments meaning more to Lethal.

ROH promos are so silly. "I'm the best wrestler!" "No I am!" I get some like their wrestling really serious, but I'm not really one of them.

I wouldn't mind seeing Adam Cole signed for NXT. I know people have talked about it in the past. He can actually cut a promo and shows charisma.

- Castle vs. Cole:
That was a good pre-match to set the stage. A Castle/Boys vs. Kingdom feud could actually be interesting.

Castle is actually getting sympathy from me as a babyface. He's lost the Boys and he's out there against a dominant faction by himself. Silas Young is so much of a dick he won't let Castle's associates out there. That's good storytelling.

Good move to get heat on The Kingdom. They're actually growing on me as heels. I'm impressed.

NICE move to bring War Machine out to even things up. I know it's basic storytelling in some ways, but it seems like that's rare in ROH.

Setting up a six-man tag is right out of the Teddy Long playbook. But that's good! That match has some heat to it.

This is what you call a pier six brawl.

Castle reminds me a bit of early Goldust.

War Machine's growing on me. Having some hosses around shakes things up.

The Tombstone sequence was actually pretty funny. Well done.

Following it with the superkicks was good. I wish more ROH matches had stories like this one.

Too many big moves... don't blow what's been a good match!

Things got a LITTLE flat there at the end with them overdoing the highspots, but overall the match was enjoyable.

Main Event:
Has it ever really been explained why Breeze is wealthy enough to have seasonal residences and get VIP tickets so frequently? He'd have to be pretty rich.

- Miz vs. Ziggler:
Miz is an effective heel. I generally enjoy him in small doses.

Miz and Ziggler know each other well, and it comes across in this match.

I like both men countering big finishers.

Impressive stuff so far.

Not bad at all! I'm glad Breeze is still kind of a thing.

- Sasha vs. Alicia:
This is really good so far. Sasha's got a good future ahead of her.

Good ending.

- Ryback vs. Dallas:
Bo is hysterical here.

OK match. I wouldn't consider either man a great worker, but both have talents.

- Titus vs. Stardust:
Stardust is consistently one of the better performers as far as the little things go. He plays off the crowd, his opponents, and the referee well.

Nice match overall.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment