Total Pageviews

Friday, December 18, 2015

Smackdown Reax - 12/17/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

Raw was a pretty big night. I'm interested to see what Reigns does from here. I hope he's not stuck feuding with Kane and Big Show.

Awkward for Reigns to say we haven't seen HHH since he was just in London for Takeover. But you know, Super-Haitch always prevails...

Reigns basically confirming nothing important happens on Smackdown, even when you attack your boss.

Sheamus is still a fun heel. He kind of got the short end of the stick here, but we'll see how Reigns does as champ going into Mania season.

It does make sense for Reigns to have repercussions on Smackdown, even if the big consequences don't hit until Monday.

How about Sheamus and security vs. Roman in a handicap match?

I'm curious how fans will take rebellious antihero Roman Reigns. A lot of people have already made up their minds about him, but hopefully others give him another chance.

Ryback's promos aren't especially good. He's a very one-dimensional character most of the time.

- Del Rio vs. Ryback:
ADR is one hell of an athlete.

Del Rio can only do so much with Ryback. He probably misses working with top athletes.

This is going mostly well.

Kind of a shame ADR can't beat Ryback clean, but I guess WWE wants to keep what faces they do have strong.

Nice ending.

Damn. LoN put the hurt on The Ryback.

Enjoyable segment with Summer Breeze. I think Goldust vs. Breeze will be good, and should help Breeze's career.

- Breeze vs. Titus:
Tyler is a lot of fun to watch as a character.

I don't necessarily think they should rush Breeze vs. Goldust.

I enjoy Titus' raw strength.

Funny stuff at ringside. I mised fun Goldust.

Ambrose being institutionalized could lead to some fun TV, although I doubt it would do positive things for the image of mental health services.

The Wyatts can be really creepy, especially Bruan.

What do the Wyatts do from here? They conquered the ECW wrestlers. Unless they feud with the bWo next...

New Day remains entertaining.

That went a little long before the interruption.

- Kofi/Xavier vs. L. Dragons:
The Dragons are always impressively quick.

The double-team moves here are really good.

The trombone thing is always fun.

New Day are really good as a group, too.

Nice ending to set up the title match on Tuesday.

Mostly good Ziggler promo. He's obviously a solid wrestler.

Team B.A.D. is just kind of floating around right now.

- Brie vs. Becky:
Where's Alicia Fox in Brie's corner?

I mostly enjoyed that. Becky's really looking like a chump lately, though.

I'm glad Becky stood up for herself. Hopefully she goes on a tear ahead of challenging Charlotte at the Rumble. She should tap people out left and right.

I liked Owens' promo, although that's pretty intense. I hope he can back it up.

- Ziggler vs. KO:
I like this being an all-out fight.

Both men can wrestle really well.

I'm enjoying the action here. Both men are out to make a statement.

This is really heating up!

Nice reversal to the powerbomb.

As lame as the Zig Zag is, I'm glad it's being treated as important.

Mostly fine ending to keep things going.

Both men are still going strong!!

This should be a pretty good three-way feud. I'm glad Ambrose, Owens, and Ziggler are in the spotlight to end Smackdown.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment