Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 27, 2015

WWE sellouts, Chyna misses advertised date, Vince-TV update, and Questions on '80s names in the WWE Hall, the '93 Rumble, WCW in MSG, WWE HQ, and another Foley match

Monday's Raw in Brooklyn has sold out. More tickets might be released the day of the show, but as of now, it's all full. That's great!

The 2016 Royal Rumble is also entirely sold out. Hopefully things start heating up for the company again after a real slump in the last few months of 2015.

Chyna missed an indie event due to reported heavy abdominal pain. She was replaced by Billy Gunn, Mickie James, and Magnus. There was skepticism over how genuine her reasons for missing the show were. I hope she's OK physically and emotionally.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Vince McMahon will return on Raw to address being attacked by Roman Reigns. I really hope this leads to the Authority pitting Brock against Roman for WM32.


For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. WWE just hasn't gotten around to putting some of those names in yet. They intentionally "save some names for later," since they plan on having HoF classes for years to come. Eventually some of those names will be on the priority list for a given year, and we'll see them put in.

2. I also think it was done to get over Yokozuna's strength. I'm sure it sounded great when it was first pitched/thought up.

3. As was said, WWE generally has an agreement with the places they run that they're the only promotion that can be in that arena. I wonder how WCW would have been received at WWE's "home arena."

4. I don't even think Vince would make his employees work on Christmas.

5. I think he already has! At least I'd hope so. I strongly doubt WWE would book him in an honest-to-goodness match again, and I'd like to think TNA would feel the same way about him taking bumps in 2016. He apparently did a match with OMEGA in February, though, so I wouldn't rule out him having a match on the indies if the stars align and the pay is good.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment