Total Pageviews

Friday, December 18, 2015

ROH and Main Event Reax - 12/17/15

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's ROH and Main Event.
ROH:
Hollis has recently worked NXT several times, so he's kind of getting around these days.

- Cole vs. Hollis:
I'm getting more and more impressed with Cole. He could be something in NXT and WWE.

Cole's an enjoyable jerk. He's doing good work here.

This is going pretty well. I'm quite impressed by both of them.

Good ending. HHH, keep your eye on this guy.

Good post-match. Cole's worth focusing on.

YB vs. Briscoes vs. ANX should be really shit.

- War Machine vs. J. and T. Williams:
War Machine would be a lot better if they didn't do cartwheels. That's ROH for you.

So-so showing by WM. They did some cool moves, but I can see why they're stuck in the minor leagues.

What's with all the jabronis tonight? I mean, besides the usual ones.

- Posey vs. Castle:
Castle's growing on me. Not having the Boys has kind of forced him to show what he can do without them.

This is going well, I think.

Not a bad ending. I'm starting to look forward to seeing Castle. I wouldn't call myself a fan yet, but he's one of the least insufferable wrestlers in ROH.

Good enough promo from Castle.

NICE post-match. Silas is one of the few good heels in ROH. He's actually out to get heat instead of a five-star match rating.

I'm glad someone interrupted Lynn. That was going on too long.

Lethal's kind of a laughable top heel really. Very bush league.

This is beyond lame. Lethal's trying, bless him, but this is just embarrassing for the supposed top name in ROH.

I don't think I'd mind AJ as champ given how long I've had to suffer through Lethal's reign.

- RPG Vice vs. ACH/Sydal:
Romero is really impressive here. I would not mind seeing him in NXT.

ACH is pretty good at the high-paced flippy shit.

RPG Vice is doing good stuff here. I like it.

Now this is getting spot-heavy.

That kind of fell apart near the end with all the crazy MOVES.

Fine ending to the show. Plenty of spots coming up at Final Battle, I'm sure.

Main Event:
- Rusev vs. Neville:
I like the story of the smaller, agile Neville vs. the beast Rusev.

This is pretty enjoyable so far.

I like that Rusev can be quick, powerful, and technical. He's definitely a super-athlete.

Neville makes a natural underdog.

That was a really good story between two true pros. It will probably be better than a number of matches at Final Battle.

Hilarious post-match.

- Swagger vs. Dallas:
I like Dallas, but I think his gimmick is running long in the tooth. It's time for a new wrinkle in his character.

Fine match so far.

Swagger's a solid performer.

Bo's not bad himself.

Good ending.

- Usos vs. Ascension:
Good match so far.

I liked the ending sequence. The Usos are a solid team.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment