Total Pageviews

Friday, December 25, 2015

ROH and Main Event Reax - 12/24/15

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's ROH and Main Event.
ROH:
Please don't suck this week, ROH. It's Christmas!!

Holy shit that was a terrible opening promo. I'm not really a Prince Nana fan, which was kind of necessary to get into it, I think.

- Ferrara vs. Caprice:
This isn't bad, I guess. Just another generic ROH undercard match.

Wow. That was pretty lame.

I don't really care about seeing these two face off again. Can someone like Moose or War Machine just destroy them and move us to the next segment?

Lethal's not the only one who thinks this is kind of lame.

I have no idea what the point of this segment is. ROH is really dreadful.

I also have no idea who Ken Phoenix is or why I should care.

- Dijak/Phoenix vs. ANX:
Titus isn't bad.

Dijak's impressive, too. At least in this match.

This isn't bad so far.

Nice match for what it was.

You know, this was a fine match. There was a good story told and it didn't just feel like a bunch of crazy big moves thrown together for the hell of it.

Bleeehhhhhh. I guess we're not seeing Phoenix anymore? I wouldn't mind him getting another shot here.

I'm already really tired of Prince Nana.

Corino vs. Whitmer has been one of the best things about ROH. And not even because so much stuff in ROH is drek. It's been really, really good.

Hey it's a random ten-man tag!!

- Strong/Cedric/M. Briscoe/M. Jackson/Moose vs. Lethal/Cheeseburger/Page/J. Briscoe/Compton:
This is just random as all hell. Did they pick names out of a hat or something?

That wasn't bad with Lethal.

At least this didn't become a random hardcore match all of a sudden.

I like Strong well enough. He could potentially be worth looking at by other promotions.

This is probably about as good as a thrown-together ten-man tag can be.

Moose reminds me a bit of Titus O'Neil. He's pretty talented, but still kind of green.

The Young Bucks are really obnoxious in an "I don't want to see any more of them" way, as opposed to the Kevin Owens "I want to see him get his comeuppance" way.

I think this was mostly good.

Main Event:
- Breeze vs. Goldust:
I like the interaction between these two characters.

I'm glad a veteran like Goldust is around and still working regularly.

I'm liking this.

Nice match overall. I hope Breeze isn't dropping the Unprettier as a finisher.

- Fandango vs. Bo:
Nice match! I just wish it would have been longer. They work together pretty well.

There's only so much for Bo to do. I don't see him going much higher on the card. I like him, though.

- Swagger vs. Miz:
Good start with the taunts. That told us more about the two performers than thirty flippy moves could.

This is pretty good so far. They have two unique styles. It's nice to see that instead of everyone doing dives and superkicks.

Nice stuff here.

Nice counter-wrestling.

Good match overall. Nice to have Swagger get a victory.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment