Total Pageviews

Friday, December 4, 2015

Smackdown Reax - 12/3/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.
I wouldn't mind them calling the team of Reigns, Ambrose, and the Usos the Roman Empire, but I know it would really rub fans the wrong way because it would solidify Ambrose as Reigns' sidekick.

Mostly good promo about Roman's family. He's definitely your standard strong angry babyface, but there's not much he can do about his character.

Sheamus is growing on me as a jerkass heel.

That can be a fun eight-man tag. It feels meaningful.

New Day rubbing in Reigns' short title reign is great.

Good stipulation to make other matches tonight mean more. I think one thing NXT and TNA do better than the main WWE shows is give us a sense of what the whole night will be about. Granted, that's harder to do when you've got so many more segments and a quicker turnaround to when it airs.

I like Summer Breeze overall. I think they complement each other pretty well.

- Breeze vs. Neville:
These two match up well, likely due to their work in NXT.

Summer adds to Breeze's act, which is good.

It's good to see these two athletes let loose.

Nice ending. I'm a fan of both wrestlers, but I think Breeze needed the win more.

I hope Becky isn't just the naive sidekick here.

Not a bad Divas backstage segment as far as they go. I do wish they'd portray the women as female wrestlers more than high school cliques with pinky swears and that kind of thing.

- Becky vs. Brie:
Kind of a funny start to the match. I hate to admit it, but it was.

The pinata segment was funny for how out of place it seemed. It was a nice difference from the usual "staring at the monitor" segment.

Ehhhhhhh. The match was going well, but the ending took away from it.

I really don't want to see a Becky/Charlotte feud so soon. I'm sure they'd put on good matches, but Becky could really get lost in the shuffle as a singles competitor.

That was kind of a funny segment between Miz and Neville. I'm a little surprised they namedropped Bryan, but as far as blatant shills for products go, it was fine.

Ryback vs. Rusev is old news. I guess they're just out to rebuild the Bulgarian Brute.

- Ambrose/Usos vs. New Day:
Good stuff between Dean and Big E.

Ambrose's stuff in general here is good.

Good match overall. New Day indeed rocks.

If Roman stands a chance against four men, it's only going to reinforce that "boring invincible hero" thing that turns a lot of people off.

The R-Truth thing was KIND OF funny, but I don't know if they should have used the Wyatts in a comedic skit. They should be presented as absolute monsters you don't want to cross.

- D-Von vs. Bray:
Wow. I didn't expect D-Von to go down so quickly. Good match for the time it got. I just wish it did more for the feud.

DAMN dude. The Wyatts don't play around.

Dreamer's perfect as the guy taking the big hardcore bump.

Roman you gonna get wrecked bro.

- Sheamus/Del Rio/Rusev/Barrett vs. Reigns:
It took a little while for this to heat up, but it's pretty good now.

Reigns actually standing a chance without needing a chair or something is worrying.

Not an awful ending. Having Reigns outsmart four guys is kind of worrying.

I wish it was still OK for a heel faction to actually dominate over the faces for a while before the troops are rallied. I miss when The Shield was running rampant over everyone.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment