Total Pageviews

Friday, December 25, 2015

NXT and Tribute to the Troops Reax - 12/23/15

Read on for my thoughts on Wednesday's NXT and Tribute to the Troops.
NXT:
I love the Vaudevillains' Sherlock Holmes outfits.

- Vaudevillains vs. Hype Bros vs. Blake/Murphy vs. JJ/Gable:
Fun tag match so far.

This standoff with all eight men is pretty cool.

I really hope Gable lives up to his potential. His wrestling skills are unreal.

Blake and Murphy are getting more smooth as a team. I've been really critical of them, but I don't think they're a lost cause at all. Props to Blake in particular for impressing me.

The Vaudevillains are pretty solid themselves!!

Jason Jordan's got some good fire. And some good suplexes.

Zack Ryder's a nice addition to NXT. I wish we had one or two more veterans to do what he and Emma are doing.

Really nice match overall. I hope these talents have bright futures.

Asuka's really creepy. I'm hype for her feuding with Nia, even though both are still new to NXT.

Dana's improving as a character. Good for her.

Tye's about a 6.5.

I'm interested in seeing how Elias does.

- Bull vs. Elias:
Elias has some good personality already. He carries himself well.

I'm liking Bull. I see some Dusty Rhodes in him.

Shades of Randy Savage with that elbow drop! Decent match overall. You can only do so much with a squash.

Elias' music definitely adds something to his gimmick.

That pop for Sami Zayn!!

- Zayn vs. Dillinger:
Tye's quite the solid wrestler. He's good for working with people in the veteran role.

Tye's pretty fun sometimes.

Zayn knocking off the ring rust!!

Tye's a very valuable "utility player," like Christian was on the main roster for quite some time.

I hope we see Zayn on the main roster in the first half of 2016. WWE has to be confident he's 100% first, though.

Welcome back, Sami!! Good win.

2016 should really be huge for NXT.

Tribute to the Troops:
Not a surprising opening segment. I expect Roman and his family to be a big part of Mania season.

LoN burying America is pretty entertaining, if cliche.

LoN's stuff is kind of silly, but this is a light-hearted show.

Tater Tots and League of Idiots were lame lines. It's like they're trying to upset Roman's detractors.

BAH GAWD BUSINESS IS ABOUT TO PICK UP!!

HELLFAHR AND BRIMSTONE!!! THE BIG RED MACHINE IS HERE!

A 16-man tag could be a big mess or a lot of fun.

I wonder what Lana and Rusev actually say in these segments.

- Rusev vs. Swagger:
It's not a special episode without a gimmick hardcore match.

I think it's pretty telling of how much of a threat Swagger is to Rusev that Rusev will wave a flag in the ring rather than finish him off.

Good match overall.

Honestly, I wouldn't have known Swagger had only one once out of 32 times, via DQ. I'd be surprised if Swagger or Rusev kept track of it. Ditto for the bookers.

OH SHIT. Batista cameo. Didn't expect that.

Based Bo Dallas.

- Henry vs. Bo:
I had forgotten Mark Henry wins singles matches. He's great. I'll miss him when he retires.

Fun match overall.

I like skipping through concerts. Fast-forward is the best.

I mostly liked Owens' promo. It's mostly cliche now.

Ryback can barely speak English...

- KO vs. Ryback:
Not a bad match as far as Ryback matches go.

Decent ending if the alternative is Owens losing clean to a finisher.

More fast-forwarding...

Paige/Team B.A.D. vs. Brie/Alicia/Charlotte/Becky:
Not a bad match overall so far.

Nice Divas match.

Jesus Christ. How long was this taping? I just want to see some wrasslin'.

16-man tag:
Kane and Strowman facing off is usually pretty fun.

Nice collisions so far.

Nice throwback to classic Dudleys spots.

This is ending up being a lot of fun.

Nice match as a whole. I love a big brawl.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment