Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Raw Reax - 12/7/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I like starting off with a recap to get people up to speed. TNA generally does a good job with this.

Sheamus beat Reigns quickly, he beat Daniel Bryan for the World Title quickly... he's no Diesel beating Bob Backlund, but he's made some quick work of opponents in big matches.

I like LoN so far. I don't know how long-term of a thing this is, but it's fine to keep things going for the time being.

OH SHIT. The Wyatts calling their bluff was unexpected.

Rhyno made sense to join the extreme faction given his work in NXT. I'm glad he's getting another chance at this level after helping out down there.

Now we're just getting crazy.

- Wyatts vs. LoN vs. Dudleys/Dreamer/Rhyno vs. Reigns/Ambrose/Usos:
This is really wild. Chaos reigns on Raw!!

That was mostly a good start, although Dreamer actually beating someone is a surprise. I guess they needed to make him a threat before he presumably gets rekt at TLC.

Del Rio's still a really great athlete.

I love a big multi-man brawl here and there.

Good stuff from LoN to get an elimination.

I'm liking the teamwork from Reigns' team.

Kind of a fun ending sequence, although Sheamus looks kind of weak lately. I want a heel who actually poses a threat by himself.

I hope MizTV isn't a trainwreck.

Sheamus vs. Reigns could be a lot of fun. A plunder match generally has that potential.

The Stardust/Titus thing was silly, but that's what they were going for. Where the heck is Darren Young in all of this?

I wish Owens was in LoN. Hopefully Sheamus has that up his sleeve for tonight.

- Ziggler vs. Owens:
I really want to see a backstage segment where people fight over who gets to use the monitor. Do they rent it out or something?

These two are doing some pretty good stuff so far. Owens fits right in on the main roster, probably to no one's surprise given his experience.

I like Owens using his power. Part of being a lightning bruiser is still being strong.

That superkick spot with bouncing off the ropes was pretty good, I think. Superkicks aren't "super" anymore, but that was one of the better spots with them.

Good ending. I'm glad Owens won.

I wasn't really crazy about that post-match. I think they're trying to make Ambrose a crazy character instead of it being more natural as part of his existing characteristics.

The Wyatts vs. ECW Nostalgia Tour thing is mostly fun. I think they could probably extend it to close to the Rumble, if not to that match itself. It all depends on how much they can get out of the angle.

The Elf on the Shelf reference was kind of funny, I admit.

I wish these tie-ins with other NBCU properties were less painful.

I'm kind of tired of Team B.A.D. PCB falling apart is the big story now, but hopefully these ladies get some character development, too.

- Naomi/Sasha vs. Brie/Alicia:
They definitely picked the right two members of B.A.D. to work this match.

I don't mind Sasha being paired with Naomi. Naomi's worked the main roster for a while now and can probably help Sasha develop. They're doing a good job as a team here.

Pretty good match overall.

Silly post-match, although of course I love New Day.

Funny promo from New Day. I think Big E has some real potential.

I'm excited for the ladder match coming up.

- L. Dragons vs. Big E/Kofi:
This was good for the time it had, with the contrast between the crazy speed of the Dragons and the power of Big E. The ending was good to set up Sunday's ladder match.

Sheamus has been champion several times, so I think he could teach Reigns some things about holding the title.

I really hope they don't do something awful to ruin Charlotte's character,

WWE forces way too many pop culture references. It almost always comes across as shoehorned in.

I'm not sure why they want to make Charlotte a heel, and a knock-off of her dad. She's so much better by herself.

I'm surprised they made a reference to Maryse, even without naming her. Also, who's the heel between Charlotte and Miz?

I think there needs to be a ban on the word "ratings" in wrestling segments. I'm usually a fan of the meta thing, but it's used too much.

Ehhhhhhh. Not feeling where they're going with Charlotte and Paige.

Not a bad promo from Lana.

- Ryback vs. Rusev:
I like the stretching thing. Effective stalling from the heel.

WHOA WHAT THE FUCK. I didn't expect a corkscrew plancha from The Ryback.

I liked that ending for the most part. Maybe Rusev can be a monster again? Maybe?

- Stardust vs. Swagger:
That was OK while it lasted. Obviously they needed to build up Swagger for his match with Del Rio.

Del Rio is brutal with that chair. Damn.

Another heel running away... lame.

Painful segment with Adam Rose. I'm ready for him to say cocky pricks in a promo and get released.

They're already dropping Zeb from Del Rio's act!? That was kind of a waste. I hope we see more from Colter.

DUDE. Attacking Zeb with a chair would be really evil.

- Dreamer vs. Braun:
If Dreamer would have beaten Strowman, something would have really been wrong in the world. Fine match to show Braun's strength.

That tables match should be pretty good from a carnage perspective.

Not a bad promo from Reigns, really. He could be better, but he does seem to be improving a bit.

I hope LoN blindsides Roman here.

Damnit, that was going well until the lame tater tots joke.

This is going on for too long...

They're REALLY forcing the Tater Tots joke.

I expected LoN to jump Reigns to set up a really big brawl.

We're getting a good brawl here. TLC could really be something.

Nice ending. I hope Sheamus holds on to the belt. A three-week title reign would be lame after building up a new faction.

No comments:

Post a Comment