Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Raw Reax - 12/21/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

Starting a show with Stephanie McMahon is not how to get me excited for things. I suppose they want to save Roman and Vince (and HHH?) for later, but she's just not a character I want to see a lot of in 2015 and beyond. Can't they get J&J Security to be stooges again?

Vince taking bumps at 70 isn't surprising, but I don't know how advisable it is.

I can see why people aren't fans of Roman's character being so smug. I do wish he'd sell the idea of being jumped by LoN. They did keep him from the title at TLC.

Those matches should be good.

Really? Neville beat Owens? I guess it's because fans voted for the babyface. He is a really standout athlete, but I don't think he made the kind of impact Owens made.

Neville looked like he got punked out by actually leaving when Owens told him to.

- Wyatt vs. Kane:
Damn. I would hope four men could take Kane.

Dreamer's becoming a regular part of things. I do think he'll wrap up before the end of January, but he's made more TV appearances than initially expected. For someone who still works backstage at TNA and has his own indie promotion, I can't say I anticipated him appearing this often.

- Wyatts vs. Kane/Dudleys/Dreamer:
Nice brawl.

NICE ending. Glad Harper got the win. He's one of my favorites.

SANTINO!!!!!!! I missed him a lot.

I definitely went with New Day or Edge and Christian.

I wasn't a big fan of the Truth/Santino thing.

I guess I'd rather have the Slammys than a full-on Christmas Raw. Although Glamarella vs. Cena and Trish was fun.

I wonder what other presenters we'll see tonight.

Kalisto's spot was definitely OMG-worthy. Brock destroying the car was epic, though.

KO vs. Ziggler:
Owens and Ziggler always match up well.

Both men are doing really good stuff here.

Good ending overall. Owens is quite good. It's good to have someone with his level of experience come up to the main roster and contribute at a high level.

I'm surprised Rollins is here! What if he wouldn't have won?

I'm ready for Rollins to come back.

I hope Cena doesn't go right back to being all over everything. I haven't missed him outside of his matches.

- Del Rio vs. Swagger:
I miss Ricardo and Zeb.

Alberto is really taking it to him.

El Patron just straight-up mugged Swagger. Hopefully it's not a foregone conclusion that he jobs to Cena next week.

Mark Henry will be a great ambassador for WWE after he retires.

Cena couldn't accept next week or via satellite? He's earned that, I think.

Santa Bo's the best. He'd fit in perfectly as an elf. I really miss NXT Bo.

I wonder how Sting's doing after the match with Rollins. He might need surgery.

Spoiling Star Wars would get HUGE heat. That's like interrupting the national anthem.

- Usos vs. New Day:
I'm glad we didn't get a big dive spot. It's really overdone.

Fun from New Day as always.

Nice match overall. Both teams are quite good.

R-Truth has a pretty sweet gig. I'm sure being the comic relief is easier than taking a lot of bumps.

Nice homage to Steve Harvey's mix-up. Nikki's win is an unpleasant surprise. I didn't really miss her...

- Rusev vs. Neville:
Rusev could maul Neville, but the former NXT Champion is unbelievably agile.

DAMN!!! That was one hell of an ending. I really like watching both of them compete.

LoN is on a roll tonight. I guess they need to rebuild some heat after Sheamus lost the belt.

I'm not shocked by the win for Rock and Ronda. I wonder when we'll see those two again.

- Becky vs. Brie:
Nice match so far. The Bellas aren't bad workers at all.

Nice ending. I hope Becky vs. Charlotte really delivers, and Becky steps out of being a sidekick.

Brock vs. Taker was really, really impressive. I think Brock vs. Rollins vs. Cena might have beat it, though.

LoN really making a mark here. Until Roman hits Superman punches on all of them.

- Sheamus vs. Ambrose:
Damn. Ambrose is getting his ass kicked. Where's the new champ?

This is a pretty good match so far.

GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY. Dangerous move from the top of the cage, but that's kind of the point, I guess.

About damn time Roman showed up to help "his brother!" I guess he was helping with his cousins in the back.

This is going pretty well. Nice ending.

Stephanie's just going to slap everyone, isn't she?

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment