Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 1, 2014

More trouble for Sin Cara I, two TNA stars working reality show, Interviews with Barrett/Kevin Von Erich/Double J, TNA main eventer injured and Questions on multiple appearances in a night, Legends House, game shows on the WWE Network and Velocity

CMLL has stated they own the name Mistico for one of their performers, and anyone else using that name is a fraud. In other words, things could get ugly if the original Sin Cara tries to use that name for AAA. Things have really not gone well for him since leaving Mexico.

TNA's Robbie E and Brooke Tessmacher are on the 25th season of "The Amazing Race", which will be filming through some point in July. Considering TNA doesn't have any mention of this on their website, it could be something they did independent of the company. I wonder if there's any heat there? TNA's active roster isn't exactly huge right now.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.


Bad News Barrett talked about the Nexus angle and more. In order:

- WWE definitely dropped the ball on that angle in a number of ways. I don't hate Cena and think he gets too much criticism, but having him run through Nexus really hurt things. He got yet another notch in his belt, but at the price of some rising stars who could have gotten further.

- Notably there was heat on Bryan for how far he took things in the initial attack, but I think in some ways WWE had it out for him from the get-go.

- As much as I like Rey Mysterio, I think fans have mostly had their fill of him after so many injuries, suspensions, etc. They're ready to see new faces.

- The U.S. and IC Title have definitely been used better lately. I'm glad. They should be important things to go after.

- The Bull Hammer has grown on me as a finisher.

- The new NXT is miles ahead of the old FCW and the earlier incarnation of the NXT show. There were things to like about the original NXT, but I think it probably dragged on too long.

- RVD never won the World Heavyweight Championship, but he did challenge for it.

All in all, a pretty good interview. Barrett was pretty candid.

Kevin Von Erich talked about his sons working TNA Slammiversary. I appreciate him making his sons make it into wrestling the old-fashioned way. Hopefully their hard work will be rewarded.

Jeff Jarrett gave an interview about TNA and GFW. More news on GFW is coming. It's still in the early stages.

MVP suffered some sort of knee injury during a match with a UK promotion. He was scheduled to work the next night, but came out on crutches to announce he couldn't compete. An MRI is scheduled. He's TNA's top heel challenging for the title in two weeks. This isn't good. If he can't wrestle then, I suggest Bobby Roode challenging Young. Samoa Joe and Austin Aries are also options. The bad news just keeps piling up for TNA...

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. As much as I'd love to make a joke about TNA stars not getting paid, this is actually something pretty interesting. I can see either argument here. I think I'd go on the side of them getting paid once since it's just one night of work, BUT I think they should be paid more if they appear on two episodes.

2. I'm glad he didn't say something like Owen Hart, Mr. Perfect, Randy Savage, etc.. As much as I'd love for them to be alive and healthy, that's cheating. Part of me wants to say something like The Great Khali so he wouldn't be wresting... Jim Cornette would be a lot of fun. Scott Steiner and Kevin Nash would be great, too.

Nothing to add to 3.

4. Not a bad idea! I'd like Matt Striker or Todd Grisham to host personally.

5. I think they'll try to get all of the more "A-list" shows like Raw and Nitro first.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment