Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Austin interviews McMahon, NXT lineup, more Punk fallout, and Questions on Punk's podcast, getting the Network from the App, indie names on the main roster, and Austin interviewing McMahon

WWE.com talked to Stone Cold ahead of his podcast with Vince McMahon. Good teaser. I like that he more or less no-sold Hogan's politicking.

Update: Austin talked to Rolling Stone as well. I definitely want to hear Taker's thoughts on the streak ending and other career highlights once he hangs up the boots. He's earned the right to be a family man and appear out-of-character.

As for people not taking the ball, I think that's less true now. Some people are really going all out when they have a chance (Ambrose, Wyatt, Rollins, and Ziggler come to mind). But I would like to see people let loose more and have more time to show their characters. I see this more as

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

The lineup for this week's NXT is:
- Finn Balor and Hideo Itami vs. Tyson Kidd and Tyler Breeze
- Charlotte vs. Mia Yim (!)
- The Vaudevillains vs. Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy
- Bull Dempsey vs. Elias Samson
- Baron Corbin vs. Steve Cutler

I look forward to some of those matches. Dempsey vs. Corbin could be pretty interesting.

Here's more from C.M. Punk's big interview with Colt Cabana:

- Talk about heat between Punk and WWE Management. It's really a shame things broke down the way they did. Both sides could have had a really good relationship.

- It's hard not to have sympathy for Punk here for going after WWE. I hope it leads to some real changes behind-the-scenes.

- I don't think there was any real chance of Punk going to TNA or ROH or anything. Not sure what WWE was thinking there.

- The independent contractor thing does need to be addressed, since WWE stars can't work for other wrestling promotions or UFC while working for the company.

- I do think Punk is too hard on himself for thinking he failed at wrestling. It's tragic he looks at things that way.

- Interesting thoughts on Jericho. I hope Y2J would have respected Punk's decision to be done talking about wrestling.

- Good ending story. I do think there's a BIG difference between "Hey Phil, can I have a picture" and something like "C.M. Punk, I'm a big fan. Can I get a picture when you don't have your hands full?" Words like "please", etc. go a long way. There's also a matter of using the name someone prefers. This fan presumably didn't know Punk as Phil, but from his wrestling work.

Here's a recap of Austin interviewing Vince:
-  Ask why the Network isn't at a million buys yet! People are disappointed.

- I think the stars of today are plenty ambitious. They just might be afraid of failure or ticking off the boss.

- I think the point was Vince doesn't need a ton of writers. Just give the talents the reins to go out there and cut good promos instead of reciting a script.

- I'll give Vince the benefit of the doubt about the termination papers getting there on Punk's wedding day. But what about the other allegations with the injuries and doctors?

- I do think there's a big gulf between Punk and Management where there's not a clear intermediary. Clearly Punk doesn't trust Jericho in that role. Maybe Joey Mercury?

- Vince made a good point about fining people for walking out.

- Sting could have worked to challenge the streak at WM31, or Bray Wyatt. But yeah, you can't top BROCK LESNAR. Although who know at the time if Taker would have even worked WM31? Or Sting for that matter?

- DO IT, VINCE. PUT SAVAGE IN!

- There is such a thing as overkill when a talent is on every week.

- Vince made a good point about creative control. Clearly there need to be some guidelines.

- I'm guessing Vince was referring to the symposium with Ric Flair as far as JR goes. JR was there to moderate, and in Vince's eyes, JR should have done something to stop Flair from going off the tracks.

- There comes a time when it's not healthy to be thinking about the business 24/7.

- I love how Vince was like "THIS IS MY NETWORK DAMMIT! GO ANOTHER FIFTEEN MINUTES!"

- Twitter just got buried. He's right to listen to the whole audience, not just the IWC.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. They definitely reported a number of things Punk alleged as they happened, specifically Punk's injuries and the UFC idea. I doubt anyone other than Punk, AJ, etc. could have really commented on anything medical like the MRSA allegation because of privacy laws.

2. I'd rather make $7 than $0! And grow the audience of the Network to boot! WWE absolutely should do it.

3. I'd say there's a good chance we see a lot of them on the main roster at the same time. Each one's a special case, though, and they will likely be spread out. I think WWE can use all of them well, but there will always be debates on whether they're used "properly".

4. WWE did release a vague response about taking performers' health seriously. I think that will be about it unless someone really pushes the matter.

5. I think a lot of people would have been disappointed in Austin if he didn't bring it up.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment