Total Pageviews

Monday, December 15, 2014

WWE TLC 2014 Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE PPV.

Kickoff:
Heyman continues to crack me up. He's great.

Nice Miz/Naomi segment. They've built some good intrigue here.

I hope Dolph does get to face Brock Lesnar. I don't think it will happen, though.

Pretty good match to start the show. Goldust and Stardust make a fantastic team, and The New Day are getting more comfortable as a unit.

TLC:
I'm surprised Dolph got the win there, but that's pretty much just because Harper hadn't been champion long. Really good opener.

The action for the tag team title match was pretty good. I was a little let down with the ending, and the Mizdow gimmick is starting to wear a little thin, but it wasn't enough to drag down how good the match was.

Fine post-match. I'm glad the Slammy is being acknowledged.

Nice promo by Rollins. He's really coming into his own. I hope he gets out of the shadow of HHH and Stephanie at some point.

I think Rowan and Show made the most of the stairs gimmick. It's kind of a goofy match type when you think about it. Either way, I think Rowan looked fine in defeat and can rebound from here. I don't particularly care about a Big Show push.

Thank goodness we're not ending with Cena. Rollins is worthy of the main event. Cena's been there and done that.

That match was ridiculous, and not in a good way. The action was really good, but it took three people to "beat" Cena. I get they want Cena to look strong for challenging Brock, but I think it hurt Rollins in the process.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. No more Big Show. Reigns vs. Show sounds pretty dreadful. I like Reigns OK, but I think he's in for the Cena-push ahead of more talented, hardworking people.

What do we have to do to get Kharma back to dispose of the Bella Twins? That's about the only thing that will make this reign worthwhile for me.

So-so match, booking wise. I liked the action. Nikki's better than she gets credit for. It's mainly her booking and promos I take issue with. She's a lot like her husband in that way.

Reigns winning at the Rumble seems pretty likely. Unless they go with Orton. Where the heck is he?

That was a pretty cool match between Kane and Ryback. Kane pulling out Snake Eyes and the Tombstone was nice. I do think we're getting to a point where single-weapons matches like stairs matches, chairs matches, etc. are getting tired.

Not a bad segment from Lana.

Fine Swagger/Rusev match. They worked hard. We've just kind of seen it all before.

Ambrose vs. Wyatt was some real "ECW"/"hardcore"/"Attitude Era" stuff. Choose whichever label you like best. Great, great stuff. It's possible they went TOO hardcore with crazy bumps and such (which is almost like saying they should be penalized for giving 120% instead of 100%). Pretty crazy ending as well. Both men grabbed brass rings.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment