Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Interviews with Jarrett/D'Amore, latest on Nash, where the PPV after WM31 will be, and Questions on Rikishi running over Austin, Low Ki/LayCool, Hogan going for the title, Lawler leaving, and Total Divas

Jeff Jarrett talked about GFW, AJ Styles, and more ahead of the big NJPW show:
- I'm very curious to see how much of a success GFW will be, especially compared to TNA or ROH, etc..

- He's right about people (including myself at times) being way too focused on "who's No. 2 behind WWE". I also want there being a good number of healthy promotions, so the workers can get dates without being stuck working with one promoter.

- I also think some aspects of international promotions can be successful. The Bullet Club has made a name for itself among some fans, at least. It will be interesting to see how long that can stay true. I'm sure there are already jokes of "Bullet Club Wolfpack" and so on.

- I also think there's a stigma attached to "indie wrestlers" because there have been some poor examples of "spot monkeys" "no-selling" and all that jazz. There are some great talents out there, although I think even some of those would need refining to be successful outside a niche market.

- AJ's definitely not at fault for injuries, given how many times he's done that move successfully.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Scott D'Amore also talked about GFW topics:
- I definitely think the "sports entertainment" mindset has limited a lot of wrestlers who could have been really successful in pro wrestling. Hopefully GFW brings some of those names to a big stage.

- I can't wait to see Nash and Steiner talk about GFW. Should be fun.

- The remarks about GFW and HOH remind me of how the territory system worked well. If one promoter couldn't make use of a talent properly (say, the audience was now burned out of that talent because they've worked there so much with the same style), that talent could go to the other promotion and get a fresh start.

- I'm glad Hall's cool with the nWo homage.

- Props to JR for going out to Japan to do the show.

Kevin Nash commented on his arrest. I hope the Nashes are able to work things out. It sounds like there are some real issues to be addressed.

Update: CNN picked up the story, too. Not a good time for the Nash family. Hopefully this is the last time there's a story like this about them.

C.M. Punk talked a bit about his wrestling days in a piece about going to UFC. I definitely think he always had great stamina. That will serve him well in UFC.

Extreme Rules 2015 is set for Chicago on 4/26/15. I hope the "C.M. Punk" chants will have died down by then, but I wouldn't assume that to be the case. How many years did it take for "You Screwed Bret" chants in Montreal to stop? I think there are valid reasons to be upset at WWE over the Punk situation, though.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I think it was worth the risk to give someone new a big push and make a new top-level opponent for Austin. I remember that angle well.

2. As far as I know. I don't see why there'd be any heat.

3. I know this feel. I think they can milk one more match out of Hogan challenging for the gold.  I think I'd rather see Cena in his 598th title match than ONE MORE RUN BROTHERDUDEJACK, but I can see why WWE would roll the dice and try to get an audience for it. It should definitely end with the Hulkster taking the fall. If he can't take a Curb Stomp or whatever, he shouldn't be headlining a PPV. Maybe as a special for the WWE Network?

4. I think he should have already done so. I'd like to think he could be better with a different person calling the shots of what commentary should be, telling stories of his wrestling days, but even then he's pretty outdated. Is there a big enough audience to keep him around in 2015? That's about the only reason I'd think of to keep him in the booth.

5. I think that's a good metaphor. It's definitely something for the E! audience.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment