Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 12/26/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

The work of Seth Rollins and Dolph Ziggler was really great. Hogan's Hogan, and Show's Show, but thankfully they didn't take away from those two that much. Roman was barely in the segment, so there's not a lot to say about his work.

At least Ryback got the win over Kane. It wasn't that great of a match from a technical standpoint, but it served its purpose in getting Ryback over and setting up the feud with Rusev.

Good post-match to further set up Ryback vs. Rusev. That's good some good heat to it.

Can the end of 2014 be the end of Hulk Hogan in WWE? He's had his 59th comeback pop. Time to go the way of the California Raisins and hair metal.

I liked Naomi vs. Alicia Fox well enough. Both of them are solid wrestlers.

Good work from Rose and R-Truth. I think Rose is more interesting as a wrestler when he shows some aggression.

OH SHI-. Rusev vs. Ambrose could be pretty good.

Rusev vs. Ambrose was really good. Both men have a lot of upside in the future.

Fine post-match to continue Ambrose vs. Wyatt. I wonder how much longer that feud will be meaningful.

Good stuff from Miz and Jimmy. I hope Miz isn't done as a singles star WWE will push. He's got a lot in the way of intangibles.

I hope this act is what The Ascension needs to be a hit. I feel like Konnor's been in developmental forever.

I think I'd be fine if Cody Rhodes stays as Stardust for the foreseeable future. Not necessarily for the rest of his career, but I don't see any reason to drop the gimmick. Cody puts 100% into whatever gimmick he's given, and has been amazing here.

I liked the main event a good deal. I like the act of Rollins, Noble, and Mercury, although Rollins does look pretty weak at times needing their help to win. Especially when he can't even win when they're helping him. But, overall, a good main event to end the last Smackdown of 2014.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment