Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Interviews with JR/Bray/Cesaro/Cabana/Dixie/Manik/Ryback/Jey Uso, new logo for TNA, Lesnar-UFC note, more R Evolution hype, and Question on Dixie working with Russo again

Jim Ross talked about C.M. Punk walking out and more:
- I don't think Punk was attacking Ryback just based on his look.

- I'm glad JR would squash rumors when he could. It's terrible there's so much petty BS in the locker room.

- I'm sure JR was unappreciated in that role. So many people in tough positions are.

Bray Wyatt talked about his current feud, Sister Abigail, and more. I have a feeling we're in for another weird, spooky moment at TLC.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Cesaro talked ahead of a live event. He's done really good work.

Dixie Carter confirmed the move to Destination America will see a new logo for Impact Wrestling. That's cool. A relaunch is the right move for 2015.

Colt Cabana talked about interviewing C.M. Punk recently. Another really talented guy squandered by the big leagues.

Dixie Carter talked about potentially working with Vince Russo again and more:
- Al Snow's a lot smarter than you'd think for a guy with the gimmicks he's had. Grado would do well to listen to him.

- I see very little chance of Punk coming to TNA.

- Unless Russo was doing a bang-up job in his role, I don't see any reason to bring him back.

- I think Bully screwed up the table bump on Dixie by jumping out too far. I don't think he did it maliciously, but he definitely botched.

Brock Lesnar will be in the next UFC video game as a legend. I'm sure that will continue the rumors of him heading there when his current WWE deal is up. I wouldn't be surprised.

Manik talked about the current state of TNA and more. He's a pretty talented guy. I hope he ends up being pretty successful.

Ryback discussed C.M. Punk's accusations in a recent interview. Here are some highlights:
- I think it's well known The Big Guy was still finding his way in the ring to a large degree when he was being pushed with guys like Punk and Cena.

- I doubt Punk is just trying to make people feel sorry for him. 

- I don't think Ryback has been as in bad of shape as Punk was when he wanted out. There's "working hurt", then there's being pushed to a point your body can't take it.

Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn were on Chris Jericho's podcast to promote NXT Takeover: R Evolution. That's cool. I'm glad NXT is getting some attention. There are some really talented people there.

Jey Uso talked about Vince McMahon's recent comments and more. Here are some highlights. I think some of the hesitance of millenials to speak out is because they're relatively new to the business, talking to people who have been in it for decades. Surely, they feel, these "experts" know what's best due to their experience?

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com question (yes, there was only one):
1. - I think Johnson made a really good point about how we need a change from what Russo changed in the Attitude Era. 

- I also think Johnson's right about Russo trying to do what worked for the WWF in the Attitude Era despite there being different audiences involved.

- Mainstream press is important, but it only helps so much if people don't want to watch the product after the celebrity angle/past star return is done.

- I don't necessarily think ALL fans are looking for deep characterization. There are tons of reality shows on TV that would attest to the opposite mentality.

- I also wouldn't want to hire back someone who has thrown his co-workers under a bus.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment