Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Tribute to the Troops Reax - 12/17/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE special.

Miz and Mizdow made an otherwise cringe-worthy segment mostly bearable. I'm not looking forward to a saccharine show. I just hope the action's good.

The second part of the opening segment was fine for setting up the main event. These shows have really basic booking. They're more or less house shows.

Good tag team match between the always solid duos of the Usos and Goldust/Stardust.

No comment on the non-wrestling segments. I couldn't care less about most of them.

I'll be surprised if we only get one goofy Divas battle royal in the holiday season.

Not that great of a battle royal, but this show's just about fluff. I'm glad Naomi won given her current push.

Based Sgt. Slaughter. You can't have a troops show without him. Why isn't Ambrose vs. Wyatt closing the show?

Honestly, for a Tribute to the Troops match, that was pretty good. It's the time of year for feel-good moments, so the faces are standing tall. It's not the most exciting booking, but it is what it is.

That was an interesting segment with Rusev/Bryan. I'm guessing something was worked out to where only certain troops were permitted to be involved. Rusev vs. Bryan could be amazing. Bryan has to be cleared first, though. That could still be a while off.

Did WWE just reuse a segment from a previous show? That's actually kind of funny.

I liked the main event pretty well. I hope this isn't the end of Harper's push. He's great.

Fine enough post-match. It's a shame we're in for more Hogan soon, but maybe it will be fairly painless.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment