Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Main Event Reax - 12/30/14, What happened after Raw, Raw guest, Angle TNA return official, Interview with Jimmy Uso, and Questions on pushing Ziggler, little people, Rosebuds, the Rumble, and Vince vs. the fans

Main Event:
I was mostly a fan of the opening segment. Edge and Christian can be pretty entertaining. As far as I know, Edge and Christian are just here for this week. It's possible they're still part of the angle going forward, but I suspect Sting will end up being a bigger part of it.

Cool to see Charlotte and Sasha Banks on Main Event. I'm not really sure why they're here, but it's good for them to work in front of a larger crowd. I think both could be on the main roster in 2015.

Pretty good match with the NXT Divas. I think they "passed" their main roster test, in my eyes.

So-so backstage segment. I wonder if there were earlier plans for Santino to run the show, but they changed their minds to put Edge and Christian and charge, so he got bumped to a smaller role. It's not a big deal, I guess.

I'm interested to see how Titus does in 2015. He'll be 38, but I don't think that will totally stop WWE from using him.

Pretty good match between Titus and Gabriel. They worked together pretty well. Again, very curious to see if Titus will do anything of note in the year ahead.

Weird backstage party segment. WWE comedy...

Cool tease for Smackdown. I wonder if that lawsuit sets up Sting trying to be GM.

Pretty good match to end the show (and year). On to 2015!

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

After Raw went off the air, Randy Orton come out to save John Cena. I guess he'll be involved in the angle going forward. It's just a matter of when they bring him back on-screen.

Rapper Wale was at Raw. I wonder what he thought of The Authority being back in power, and Bryan announcing his return.

TNA announced Kurt Angle officially re-signing with TNA. Considering he's on the ads for the move to Destination America, this was basically already known. He's expected to be something of a part-time wrestler, as he branches out into non-wrestling roles. Either way, he's a big name to keep in the company. They'll need to make the most of him in what's likely his last year in the ring.

Update: Apparently, previous announcements of Angle returning to TNA in 2015 were a bit premature. He officially signed a deal about two weeks ago. They were obviously pretty close before then, but it would have been really bad if things fell through at the last minute.

Jimmy Uso talked before Smackdown. "Total Divas" reaches an audience WWE doesn't normally reach, so it's valuable from that perspective.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I definitely think they're at least starting to present Ziggler better. I don't think he's headed for a WWE Title push just yet, but things at least look better than they have previously. Hopefully if he keeps at it, he'll close Mania as WWE Champ one year.

2. Minidust, Little E (Langston), Mini Miz... just have little people everywhere. I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been anything about bringing back the juniors division. It must have flopped or something.

3. Good catch! It's fun to see who will make cameos there.

4. I can see there being fan discontent if Reigns is the obvious winner. Will it be Bryan, Ziggler, or Ambrose people get behind to win the match? They can always do something where the title shot is on the line at Fast Lane for some reason or another. Maybe The Authority does something to try to screw the babyface out of using their Rumble win to challenge at Mania, leading to a match at that PPV.

5. I definitely think Vince gets upset at the fans at times for not going along with what he thinks should be the plan. That's probably true of a lot of people who make content for a living.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment