Total Pageviews

Friday, December 26, 2014

NXT and Superstars Reax - 12/25/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Superstars.

I can't blame anyone if these shows are mostly recap packages this week. That's a lot of video editing work during the holiday season.

NXT:
2014 was definitely a big year for NXT. I think they've exceeded expectations of what a developmental brand should be.

Nice segment putting over Neville. He's been pretty impressive. I think he's still got some fine-tuning ahead of him, but they can make him work on the main roster.

I liked the Tyler Breeze promo. He's got a good future ahead of him.

I'm not against the idea of Curtis Axel getting some re-tuning in NXT, but this is the second time they've done that. He's got the tools to be a success as far as ring work is concerned, but there's definitely room for improvement and I think that's what NXT is for.

Itami/Balor vs. The Ascension should be pretty great. I'm ready to see more of Itami and Balor, and eager to see what The Ascension will do on the main roster.

Kevin Owens has been really impressive in just a short time in NXT. I'm not surprised; just pleased.

I liked the Bayley segment. Nice plug for HHH's DVD.

Really good Flair promo. I hope Charlotte becomes a big success in her own right.

More magic from Charlotte and Sasha. I hope both of them are set for the main roster in 2015. Sasha's not ready for that just yet, but she continues to improve and work hard.

Superstars:
Good enough match between Titus and Gabriel. They played off each other pretty well. Gabriel has the finesse and athleticism to match Titus' power and "smash-mouth offense" as it used to be called.

I didn't dislike Rowan vs. Cesaro. Cesaro's a workhorse, for sure. Rowan's still rough around the edges, but I hope he's able to come into his own.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment